SEVENTEEN

Hmmmm, what excuse do I have this time for why this took so long??? I'm sure I have something good....I'm gonna go with having to get ready for my friend's wedding! I had to travel across the country to Alabama! And storms are making it a real struggle to get home (I had an unexpected stay in Denver last night). Luckily I stuck my computer in my purse instead of my luggage so I had plenty of time to write while sitting in the airport! Here's hoping my plane that's supposed to leave in an hour actually takes off, otherwise you might get another chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Katsuki watched Ochako leave the dorm with her gear slung over shoulder. He had half-heartedly offered to train with her. She had turned him down and was almost painfully polite about it. It had been slightly cold at first, but then she seemed to relent and gave him a lopsided grin and told him she'd she him in the evening for movies. He sighed. He had fucked up. To an embarrassing degree. Eijiro had been right, it had been awhile since he had dated or shown interest in a particular woman, but he hadn't remembered being this bad at it.

"Ugh!" He buried his face into his palm. What had he been thinking, grabbing her face like that? Of course she was pissed off at him. He was lucky she was even speaking to him. What woman wouldn't read that as rejection? It's not like he could tell her that he didn't want her kissing him because he wanted to touch her too much. It seemed like such a lame, childish excuse. They were adults and could do whatever they fucking wanted; placing limits on things seemed so pointless. And if he explained that he was trying to play the long game, that would just scare her off. Then again, she had asked what he wanted, and he had never given her a straight answer. She had wanted to know, so maybe he could tell her. He grimaced. Could he talk to someone she knew? Mina would be the obvious choice, and he could get to her easily through his friend, but that red headed bastard had been pretty clear about not wanting to meddle. He realized he didn't know much about her life between when they left school and when she floated back into his life a week and a half ago. Pros were a pretty tight community though, so surely there was someone who knew her pretty well and who he hadn't completely burned bridges with. The question was, who the hell was that person?

Katuski's phone buzzed, pulling him out of thoughts. He didn't recognize the number, but when he opened the message he grunted in surprise. It was the last person he ever expected to hear from...and he was being invited to lunch.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Katsuki stared at the man sitting at the table. He couldn't really bring himself to do anything but stare. He was taller than expected. He looked like he was maybe even taller than Katsuki himself, even, though not by much. He had a nondescript black cap pulled down low and shading his face, was wearing dark sunglasses, and had on a disposable mask as if he were sick or like he was some kind celebrity trying to hide his face. Katsuki stared at him blankly when he motioned for him to sit.

"Bakugo, it's been ages." The body wasn't right, it wasn't right as all, but that voice he recognized.

"Mineta?!" When the man made shushing noises and looked around furtively, Katsuki dropped into the empty chair at the table, stunned. "What the fuck happened to you?"

He couldn't see Mineta's eyes, but his head made a small circular motion, as if he had rolled his eyes. "I grew up, Bakugo. It happens."

"Generally not a whole lot after 18. And never...this much."

"I'm a late bloomer, what can I say?" When Katsuki just gave him a blank look, Mineta sighed and took off his glasses. "Just forget it, you believe I'm me, right?"