FOURTEEN

Heeeey! Sorry it's been so long ~_~ Things have been super hectic. Work has gotten really crazy, and I've been taking care of my dad who is dealing with some pretty serious health issues and I've just been so exhausted! But it definitely felt good to do some more writing ^_^ Thank you to everyone who said nice things to me, it's such a nice feeling to read your comments on what you think about what I'm writing (even when you don't like what's happening!). I love that I can have this interaction with people I've never met before, it makes the world seem much more accessible. I hope all of y'all are doing well :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ochako was annoyed. And a little worried. Katsuki still hadn't returned from wherever he went off to with Deku. Which meant another night of handling the teenagers herself. It was only the second day and she had already had to break up a pissing match that was on the verge of turning into an actual fight. Preening teenage boys could be amusing, but that tipped over into annoying when it was her responsibility to get them to behave. She dithered in the living area, straightening up and prepping a meal for tomorrow. It was 9:00 and Katsuki still hadn't returned. Where was he? And how had she not gotten his number yet?

She paused to consider for a moment, and then texted Mina seeing if she had his number or if she could get it from her husband. Mina was quick to respond, which was expected. What was also expected was that she wasn't the slightest bit helpful.

M: His number? Why haven't you gotten it?
O: We live together, it didn't seem like a priority.
M: Y'all live in the same building. That's not living together. Unless there's been some progress?
O: Dammit, Mina! What's his number???
M: hmmmmm, has there been progress? What happened the other day?? You never told me!

Ochako felt her entire face flush as she remembered the afternoon in the study room and the way it had felt to have Katsuki's hands on her. She cursed, she did not need that on her mind tonight! And she definitely wasn't going to share that information with someone else! It had been a mistake to ask Mina for advice on how to get more physical with Katsuki. She wasn't inexperienced, but initiating things had always been hard for her, and she had a feeling that unless she took to the initiative with Katsuki, things would always go the way he wanted. Just like that they had with Deku. She didn't mind a powerful guy, there was definitely something attractive about men who could take charge. But she wanted that feeling of empowerment too, dammit!! It had been so disappointing when he had stopped things. It had been smart to stop things, they had been in the school for god's sake, but still disappointing. She sighed. Mina had flipped when she had asked what the best way was for a woman to get something started without coming across as too desperate.

O: Can I just get his number?
M: Did you do what I suggested?
O: I'm not sneaking into his bed, Mina.
M: It'll work!
O: I mean, he probably wouldn't complain if he knew what was happening, but the sneaking part...I'm pretty sure he'd use his damn explosions on me before I got a chance to explain anything
M: Something would explode on you, that's for sure.
O: MINA! >_<;; PHONE NUMBER, NOW!

Ochako glared at her phone for a few minutes before a confused Eijiro texted her a phone number along with asking why his wife was yelling again. She thanked him and played dumb in regards to Mina. She wrote, then rewrote, her text to Katsuki. Then rewrote it again. Finally she sighed, and just sent the damn thing.

O: Hey Katsuki, it's Uraraka Ochako, from UA? I got your number from Eijiro. It's kind of late and it doesn't seem like you've gotten back yet. Have you spent all day with Midoryia? Just making sure you're ok, I'm just a little worried.

Ochako looked at the screen and cringed. Uraraka Ochako? From UA? Of course she was from UA. And why did she put her surname? Why was she always so awkward?! She groaned and threw her phone on her bed. She wanted a hot shower.