EIGHT

Ochako checked her outfit. She always felt a little fashionably challenged when around Mina. She wore a black skater skirt and a maroon off the shoulder sweater. She paired it with some short heels that strapped around the ankles to give her some height. It was cute enough that she wouldn't get a look from her friend.

Holding her breath, Ochako stuck her head outside her door and glanced down the hallway. She didn't see Katsuki anywhere, so she slipped out and left the building as quickly as she could. She was meeting Mina for some shopping and coffee before grouping up with her husband for dinner at an okonomiyaki place they had become obsessed with. She needed girl talk, but she was also dreading it.

She had avoided leaving her room for the rest of Friday, and all during the morning. She was starving, but she figured that was better than accidentally running into Katsuki around the dorm. He gave up way too easily yesterday and she didn't trust running into him. She wasn't sure if she didn't trust him, or if she didn't trust herself. It was dangerous living unsupervised, it would be better once there were teenagers living on the upper floors. They would have to behave then.

Ochako walked the twenty minutes to the plaza that was near the school. Mina would have advice for her. Whether it was good advice was another issue; but because of Eijiro she would have a little bit more insight into Katsuki. Ochako was just dreading the glee at which Mina would respond to what happened Thursday night. She sighed, just thinking about that night brought all the heat back. And to relive that in front of an audience? She sighed again.

Ochako popped into the coffee shop and scanned the floor, spotting her pink friend picking up drinks at the counter. She walked up and tapped her on the shoulder, "You ordered without me?"

Mina turned and smiled, hander her a warm drink. "A chai. I thought you might be in the mood for something a little spicy?" She said it casually, but the pointed look Mina gave her made Ochako redden. "Seems like I was right!" Her friend was far too giddy.

"Right about what?" Ochako mumbled, taking the drink and taking a sip. It was spicy, and delicious, and started a spreading warmth in her chest.

Mina looped Ochako's arm in hers and steered them towards the door. "Don't play dumb with me, Ochako-chan. Eijiro saw the way you looked at Bakugo when you met him in the morning. And he said Bakugo was living in the same dorm as you. Then you messaged me saying you wanted some girl time before the dinner? I'm not an idiot."

Ochako let herself be steered along the plaza. She wasn't really all the interested in shopping, it was just something to do to keep her distracted while talking to Mina. She didn't think she could get everything out if she was just sitting and telling it. "Maybe I just wanted some girl time," she said a little defensively, "I don't know what Eijiro-chan thought he saw between me and Katsuki, but—"

"Katsuki, is it?" Mina practically crowed, "He thought he saw you ogling Katsuki in his suit."

"Well, he's attractive!" She didn't even try to deny it. The man had his flaws, but his body was not one of them.

Mina giggled and squeezed her arm. "I won't argue with you there. He's mellowed out a lot since school. He comes around occasionally to hang out with Eijiro. He's still kinda harsh, but it's in a friendly sort of way." She was quiet for a moment as they walked into a random store filled with various accessories. "So, did something happen?" Ochako mumbled something and her friend gave her a small shove. "Louder."

Ochako sighed. "So I may have pushed him into a movie night the other night."

Mina sobered a bit, "Your Thursday night movie night?" Ochako nodded and her friend sighed. "Well, that was sure to bring up a slew of emotions, and memories. Did it not go well?"