2. The King of Avalon

"Senna!"

  Elliyos shot straight up in his bed, skin covered in sweat. He quickly recoiled back towards the headboard as a shooting pain made its way from his head throughout his whole body.

   "The hell?" he asked. He didn't dare move for fear of more pain. Slowly his right hand went from his side up to his head, raking it through his soaked hair. His body felt like it hadn't moved in ages, and it probably hadn't. While the pain from earlier was gone, he had a dull soreness that covered him entirely. 

  "You're up. Good." came a foreign voice. The source was a man sitting across the room in a large, cushioned chair. Elliyos hadn't even noticed him, being so caught up in his pain.

  "Sure. Where am I? And who are you?" Elliyos asked, leaning against the headboard. He couldn't afford to tense up, as the pain would spread through him again. He had experienced enough pain to down three elephants, and as far as he was concerned, four was certainly out of the question.

  "Take a look around. I bet you can figure it out on your own." said the man. He simply smiled and gestured for him to look around with a sweeping motion of his hand. Curious, Elliyos looked around. He wasn't anywhere he had seen before, but it was a rather large room. The bed he sat in was comfortable, with silk sheets, and the curtains were a dark blue. The light they allowed past them gave the room a calm feeling, while also leaving the area lit. There was a light blue rug on the floor right in front of the door. Upon closer inspection, most every piece of furniture in the room was either a shade of blue or black. The chandelier above the room was an exception, the crystalline structure giving a faint yellow glow.

  "Florin's kingdom's colors." he noted. Then, as he realized what he said, he did a double-take. He didn't know what the hell Florin was. He had also said the name "Senna" as he woke up, and he had never heard the name before.

  "Your memory is coming back." stated the man as if he read Elliyos' mind, a faint smile making its way across his mouth. It made wrinkles spread over his otherwise young face. He wore a luxurious blue cape with what seemed like black fur lining it. His face was young, himself being hardly older than thirty. Instead of a beard, he had a bit of stubble on his well defined jaw. His hair was black and curled as it came down by his eyes, which were a deep hazel color. Overall, it made him look younger than he actually was.

  "What do you know about me?" Elliyos asked, opting out of every other question that buzzed through his mind. He needed to tackle one at a time, and finding out about his past proved to be most important to him. The man leaned forward in his chair and clapped his hands together, interlocking his fingers. His eyes raised and his gaze met Elliyos'.

  "I know more about you than you know about yourself, that's for sure. I have a lot to tell you, so sit tight." 

o-o-o-O-o-o-o

  Opening his eyes, Ryou was greeted with a simple red jail cell.

  "Seems to be a reoccurring color in this damned place.." He groaned, sitting upright. Nothing felt right. His back ached from sitting on the warm stone floor, and every centimeter of his body felt stiff. Going to stretch, he heard something. Soft whirring noises, as if a mechanical device had started up. Gears, perhaps. They were hardly loud enough to hear, but just loud enough to be noticeable. Standing up, Ryou paid attention to the noises and tracked them back to the point of origination. Himself.

  Quickly, he put two and two together.

  "That bastard.. He replaced my limbs with robotic substitutes." He noted quietly, frowning. Moving around a bit, he realized that his movements weren't as free anymore; the replaced limbs no longer felt like his own body. They didn't even feel like an extension, as a good weapon would. They felt foreign to his body, and it limited him. It took a few tries to get moving, and grip things. It was like learning how to walk as one did at a young age.