Chapter 7; Waking Ventus

Start from the beginning

Aqua let her arm go loose and summoned Eraqus' keyblade. She grabbed the handle with both of her hands, raising it and pointing it towards the door to Castle Oblivion. A bright keyhole then appeared on the door, and light shot out of it.

Y/n, Sora, Donald, and Goofy all stared in awe. Aqua then moved back before quickly thrusting forward with the keyblade in her hand. The keyblade began to emit energy and it shot a beam of light right towards the keyhole.

A blast then shot back at the group from the impact of the keyblade connecting with the keyhole. All of them shielded themselves besides Aqua, who was focusing on the keyhole.

A light shot out of the keyhole and shot up from the ground, surrounding the castle. Y/n's eyes widened, "Oh my..." Castle Oblivion was changing right in front of them. Each section moving, twisting, and turning to a new position. More towers appeared as it was transforming. Rings of light shot out from the keyhole, surrounding the castle which was retaining its natural color. A light appeared in the sky which was still of dark, gloomy clouds. It then burst with light and the sky became a bright blue color, with several small white clouds.

Y/n, Aqua, Sora, Donald, and Goofy all looked around them, admiring the new beautiful and breathtaking view. The Land of Departure had been restored.

Y/n looked around, her eyes slightly watering because she was really home. She was a bit sad though because where they were standing, was where her grandfather, Eraqus, was killed. She shook the feeling off. Now isn't the time to think negatively... Saving Ven is the main task now. She thought to herself.

Aqua then led the group inside the place where Ventus' body is. They all followed her inside.

Once they were in, they looked at their surroundings, "This place is amazing!" Sora said with joy. Y/n smiled, "I'm glad you like it." Aqua stepped ahead of them in the middle of the corridor, "You ready?" Sora and Y/n looked at each other and nodded at Aqua, "We're ready!" They said in sync.

Aqua smiled, "Ventus is located where Master Eraqus and Master Xehanort's thrones are."

"Let's go!"

-Y/n's P.O.V-

We all dashed down the corridor to go to the upper floor. Sora kept making the wrong turns but I don't blame him, he hasn't been here before, at least I don't think he has. "So, Y/n, how are we gonna wake Ventus?" He asked me, "Aqua gifted me with a special form of the power of waking, which is the melody form. She created a song and chose me as the one to sing it which would awaken Ventus when the time comes." Sora looked intrigued, "Lucky, you were given the power of waking easily, I still don't have it after trying to many times." He sulked. I laughed and hit his shoulder playfully, "Don't worry, you'll get it soon." 

"Yeah. I hope so. Anyway, tell me more about it!" I sighed, "Well, in order for Ventus to awaken, his heart and body must be close to each other-" I looked to my side and saw that Sora ran off to explore, great. I laughed at how childish he still was. I ran back to get him but in the distance, I saw my old bedroom. I saw Aqua's room too. Ven and Terra's room were in the other corridor. I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly raced up the stairs to where the others were.

I finally arrived, panting heavily, "Sorry... I was too busy...looking." I said, taking breaths in between words.

We all looked at the thrones ahead of us, then, we saw Ventus' body, sitting in peace on the center throne, which was grandpa's throne.

Aqua ran up to Ventus' body, crouching down slightly to get to his level. "Ven." I ran up to them and went to the opposite side of the throne. Aqua hugged him gently, "I'm sorry it took so long." She said, quietly. She grasped his shoulders and shook him gently, "Ven, wake up. Open your eyes, please!"