maria catch-up

{i can't find a lot of gifs of jessica or maria, so we're gonna go with some good pictures of her - enjoy!
also...jessica is so gorgeous she fully has me shook}

how you met:
you were one of maria's only friends at school that a) her father actually liked, and b) didn't mind his occasional inappropriate comments. she really valued you as a friend, and you both got on so well.
you lost touch after she left school to work with yadriel and the two of you didn't meet again until prison.
you walked into your newly assigned dorm - spanish harlem; it felt almost like home already, you had quite a big family at home so this was nothing. nobody seemed to catch your eye as being threatening so you were happy enough. as you went towards your bunk, you heard a scream.

"y/n?!" she shouted, you whipped around to see maria grinning at you. you dropped your things and ran to hug her, she held you tight.
"i've missed you!" she said before pulling back and holding you by your shoulders, with a small frown.
"what the fuck are you doing here?"

your nickname for her:mari• mari was a childhood nickname that'd just stuck

mari
• mari was a childhood nickname that'd just stuck. she loved it, but only when you used it. flaca used it once as a tease and maria gave her the worst death glare.

 flaca used it once as a tease and maria gave her the worst death glare

your crime and time:
associated drug distributing ~ 6 years, 2 months

jealousy:
her: daya
you: yadriel

your friends and prison mom:
you're a member of spanish harlem, so naturally you're friends consist of maritza, daya, flaca, aleida and gloria. you tend to keep within your 'tribe' as morello calls it but you've helped nicky and tricia with their drug addictions.
your prison mom is gloria.

you break up:
you broke up during the riot, you didn't like her attitude or the way she was treating the guards. the riot was a chance to get a little taste of freedom but she'd rather probe them and humiliate them. it was embarrassing for you.
you approached her one day, she was oblivious about your feelings so came towards you with a smile but you avoided her kiss.

"yo, what's wrong?" she asked and you sighed, motioning to speak in private. she complied and followed you to somewhere more discreet.

"i think we need to end this, mari." she looked at you like you were crazy.