Chapter 22- Swimming all the oceans.

“Whats the time Shauna?” Hannah asks as we stride up to the 1derland pool, yeah, thanks to the help of the obvious and huge signs this place had, we’d managed to make our way to the pool pretty quickly, and it was quite an uneventful walk.
“Uhm, two o’clock, we’re doing pretty well for time!” I say cheerfully, it was great, we had six hours until the concert started and we were on our fourth challenge.
“They have some fancy buildings in here don’t they?” I say to Hannah as we step through the automatic glass sliding doors and into the foyer of the pool complex.
“Yeah, must have cost a couple of billion to build.” Says Hannah as we head over to the front desk. There’s a lady sitting there, typing away at her computer, probably about forty years old or something.
“Uh, hey!” I say cheerfully, propping my elbows up on the counter and giving her a sweet smile.
“Oh, hello ladies, are you here for a challenge?” she asks, looking up at us from under her glasses.
“Yup!” pipes up Hannah, coming to stand next to me.
“Well, here are the clothes you will have to wear, changing rooms are to the left, and then head over to the main pool when you are done.” She explains, and hands each of us a bag.
“Thanks!” we both say and head off into the changing rooms.
Once inside the changing room we set our bags down on a bench to inspect the contents.
“You go first!” I say to Hannah, and she reaches inside her bag.
“Oh!” she gasps as she pulls out a stunning one piece swimsuit, it’s ice blue and has a few small streaks of silver running through it.
“That is so pretty!” I squeal, excited to see what mine’s going to look like.
“Let’s see what you got, Shauna!” says Hannah, and I reach my hand into my bag.
“That’s adorable!” Hannah says when I pull out my swimsuit, it’s the same style as hers except it’s white with silver streaks.
“I wonder what this challenge is going to be.” I say, as the two of us begin to get changed.
“Me too, maybe we have to do some synchronized swimming to a One Direction song!” she replies happily.
“I hope not! You saw how long it took for me to master that dance, compared to you!” I say.
“Aww, Shauna, don’t be so hard on yourself, by the way, what did you think of our dance partners?” she asks.
“One word, hot.” I sigh, remembering Tom.
“I know! But Niall’s hotter!” she replies, and I nod my head in agreement.
“Oh, I forgot to ask before, but, how did you know the answer to that question in the mall?” I ask.
“You mean the ‘How many I’s are there in I Want?’ Question?” Hannah says.
“Yup.” I mumble.
“Well, uh, back in I2 before I came here, I had a dance exam, and I did I Want for it.” She starts.
“And...” I prod.
“And every time they said I, there was this move I had to do.” She explains, and shows me the move, which was like a quick spinning jump.
“So, I had to remember all the times I had to do that move, and it was sixty-two times.” She finishes.
“Oh!” I say and then add, “Did you pass your exam?”
“Yeah, I was so happy that all my hard work paid off!” she says and I smile, happy for her.
Earlier this morning I thought that Hannah was just a dancer from I2, but now she was so much more, and I classed her as a friend now, it was going to be hard if it came down to us for the finals of this competition.
When we both finish changing we head over to the main pool to find someone waiting for us, but before we get any closer to them I stop dead in my tracks.
“Is-is that...” I gasp, trying to remember how to breathe.
“Yup.” Hannah confirms as we both stare at the person waiting for us.
Because that person was the one and only, Cher Lloyd.
Hannah and I continue to stand there, our mouths opening and closing like fish gasping for air.
“Come on Shauna, compose yourself.” I try to tell myself.
“Hey guys!” shouts Cher, running over to meet us.
“Hi!” I gasp, almost ready to faint, because Cher is like, amazing. I nudge Hannah to get her to speak and Hannah manages to say hi as well.
“Well, I’m Cher Lloyd, nice to meet you both!” she says cheerfully.
“I’m Shauna and this is Hannah!” I say, finally calming my nerves and feeling confident again.
Cher gives each of us a quick hug, and then begins to tell us our challenge.
“So, you might be wondering why I’m here.” She says, Hannah and I both nod.
“Well, I was with the boys on X-Factor, and I’ve been asked to help out here at the pool, which has been awesome so far.” She continues. “So would you like to know what you’ve got to do today?”
“Yes!”  Hannah practically shouts, and Cher laughs a little.
“Ok then, well, in this pool...” She says, pointing to the huge pool a few meters away from us, “...Are thirty rings, six for each member of One Direction, you’ve got to collect all thirty in ten minutes.” She says.
This should be easy, they really need to make harder challenges in here.
Hannah and I turn to grin at each other as we walk over to the edge of the pool.
“Ok, shall we try to get fifteen each?” I ask.
“Yup, we’ve just got to be quick.” She says to me.
We stare out over the huge pool and I can already see the shapes of some rings under the water.
“In we get!” I say and Hannah and I both jump into the pool.
“Where’s Cher gone?” I ask her as we lean up against the edge, waiting for our time to start.
“I’m here!” says Cher, heading over to us with a bunch of guys behind her, some of them are carrying hoses and others are carrying buckets, filled with who knows what.
“Oh, I forgot to add...” Starts Cher, grinning as she picks up a hose of her own. “Whilst you guys are trying to get your thirty rings, me and the guys will have ten hoses filled with foam spraying at you, and the other guys will be trying to hit you with coloured water balloons, which will colour the water when they hit you, so it will make it harder to find the rings.”
“No way.” I groan, I mean, I knew there would be a catch, but this is going to be way harder than I expected.
“Just so you know how long you’ve got...we’re going to be playing Stand Up, Gotta Be You and Up All Night, over the loudspeakers, when Up All Night finishes playing, your time is up.” Cher adds.
I turn to Hannah, she looks just as worried as I do.
“Lets do this poo!” I yell, warrior style.
“On your marks...” Cher yells, as her and about twenty guys get positioned around the pool, some with hoses, some with buckets.
“Get set...”
“GO!”
I dive straight into the water grabbing a ring that was right next to our starting point, then I come up to the surface and fling it onto the side of the pool. I can see Hannah throwing one on as well.
*I had to take you and make you mine!* Blasts out over the speakers.
Just then I feel a cold spray against the back of my neck and turn to see one of the guys laughing as he hoses me with foam, I quickly pop under the water again and search for another ring, finding one after a few seconds and coming up to toss it onto the side.
I can hear Hannah scream a little as she get’s struck by a coloured water ballon, and the water around her instantly turns blue.
The next nine minutes were going to be hard.
------
*I hope she’ll wanna kiss me back* Blares out as Hannah and I continue to get rings.
From the tally one of the boys is making on a board on the side of the pool, I can see that we’ve only got three more rings left to get.
I dive under again, and search through the water that was now turning black from all the coloured balloons that had burst in it.
Where were these last three rings?
I continue to hold my breath as I glide along the bottom of the pool, spotting a ring a few meters away, I kick harder and quickly snatch it and swim freestyle closer to the edge of the pool and then launch it onto the side. Luckily in the time I was under Hannah managed to find another ring too.
That meant we only had one ring left to find.
**
We only had a few seconds left.
“Shoot!” I mutter to myself, and then dive under for the last time, set on finding the last ring, we had to, we’d come so far already and this ring was the only thing left to do to finish this challenge.
Then I spot it, a green ring, I push my legs to the limit and seize the ring in record time, now the only thing left to do was get it on the side of the pool before the end of the song.
I burst up to the surface and begin to swim towards the side as  *Up all night like this, all night, hey!* Booms out.
I’m a few meters from the edge when my legs get tired and I can’t swim anymore.
There was only one thing to do.
I stretch my tired arm out and hurl my ring through the air.
*Up...*
The ring soars over to the edge, almost there...
*All...*
It touches the poolside and spins for a few seconds before settling down.
*Night*
“YES!” I hear Hannah shout from the other side of the pool.
“WOO!” I yell, swimming slowly over to the edge to get out.
“Well done ladies!” Cher yells.
A few seconds later Hannah and I climb out of the pool and are both handed fluffy white towels.
“We did it!” Hannah squeals and gives me a hug.
“Yay!” I reply happily.
“Wow, you guys were amazing, you’re a good team you know.” Says Cher coming over to give us a hug too.
“So would you like to have your item?” she asks giving us a grin.
“Yes please!” I say, sounding like a little kid.
“Here you go ladies.” She says, and hands us a ring that we had gotten out of the pool.
“Thanks!” we both say, and give her a hug.
------
“Man that was hard!” I say to Hannah as we change back into our sundresses.
“Yes! I thought it was going to be easy, until all those hoses and water balloons came out, the water was black at the end! I don’t even know how I managed to see through it!” she replies.
“We did have good team work though, like Cher said, thanks for choosing me this morning.” I say to her and she flashes me a smile.
“Aww, I knew we’d work well together! Now lets find out what this last challenge is!” she says, zipping up the back of her sundress.
We both lace up our green converse and put the ring into our item bag, putting the wet swimsuits and towels into our other bags.
“Bye!” we say, waving to the receptionist as we leave the pool and head out into the afternoon sun.
“Wow, the last challenge.” I say, and pull out our phone.

1 new message
Hannah, Shauna! Wow, you’re up to the last challenge!
That pool challenge looked really hard, but you guys we’re great at it!
Here’s your last challenge.
*Cos your friends, they look good, and you look better*
Yeah, quite a cryptic one, I know, but I’ve been allowed to give you some help.
What event is on tonight that would be good to look good for?
Also there is no item to get for this challenge, you just need to be looking stunning and get there in time:)
Which you girls will do easily!
Can’t wait to see you both soon!
I know you can do this!
xxNialler

“Ohh! Exciting!” says Hannah.
“Whats the time?” she adds.
“Uh, three o’clock.” I reply.
“Great, we’ve got five hours to get ready, and get to the arena where the concert is going to be held, we also have to be one of the first teams to get there, so we want to be there by around six or seven.” Hannah says and I nod.
“Shall we go back to the mall then?” I ask, spotting it close by.
“Yup!” says Hannah.