Chapter 9 - Tyler. What Did You Do?!

“Are you sure?” I ask.

“Yup!” April replies and smiles at me.

Uhm, why would she want me, of all people to do this to her! I have no hairdressing experience, apart from the time I dip dyed my hair at home, and that didn’t turn out the way I'd hoped...

“Can we just hair chalk it instead?” I ask, my voice going all high and squeaky as I stress.

April just giggles, “No! Come on Shauna! You can do this! Anyway, I don’t want my hair one of those fluorescent hair chalk colours anyway!

I grit my teeth and sigh.

Well, let’s do this poo.

I grab a pair of scissors off of the table and put them in my pocket as I pin up some of her hair, so that I don’t have to cut huge sections of it.

Hmm... maybe I know more than I thought.

The instructor is busy helping another girl wash their partners hair before they dye it, so I decide to do the trim all by myself.

April smiles at me as I pick up a bit of her long hair, it goes half way down her back.

I move my fingers up her hair, about a centimeter above the end and then hold my scissors up to it.

“Is this good enough?” I ask.

“Yup.” She replies and smiles.

Easy customer here!

So I place my scissors on the hair and begin to snip away.

Ten minutes later.

“Soooo... what do you think?” I ask April as she looks up from the magazine she’d been reading.

Because the stupid instructor had practically forgot about me, I'd ended up trimming her hair on my own.

I hold up a mirror behind her so she can see the back view.

“Woah! You are good! It's just as good as the professionals do in E, which is my district.” She gushes.

Either the professions in E, suck. Or I’m pretty good.

Meh, might as well take the compliment.

“Aww, thanks!” I say, starting to feel a bit full of myself.

I actually did a pretty good job if I say so myself.

April looks at the clock on the wall close by.

“Oh, we’ve only got about two hours left of training for the day, do you think we could do the dying?”

Personally, I didn’t want to dye her beautiful hair. But then again, I didn’t want to get on her bad side.

“Yeah! Let's do this poo!” I say and she grins.

First I wash her hair, and then begin to mix up the dye.

“I'm so excited!” She squeals as I begin to put those random foil strips in her hair and then brush the dye onto them.

“Good to know.” I mumble, too busy concentrating.

“There you go!” I grin, finishing off the last bit of her hair.

“Great! Thanks, now I just have to wait for an hour and a half.” She replies, turning back to her magazine.

Since I've got an hour and a half to kill I decide to see what the other groups are up to, so I ditch April, and wander off.

“Hey.” I say to a light blonde haired girl thats busy putting extensions in a girl with cropped brown hair.