Chapter 1

Faelynn furrowed her brows as the sound of a digital alarm clock rang in her ears. She groaned and sat up in her bed, lightly tapping the small sphere that was on her bedside table. The alarm stopped ringing.

     She yawned as she slid of her bed, and headed for the connecting bathroom. On the way there her cat came up to her and rubbed his side against her leg, seeming to want her attention.

     Faelynn reaches down and gave a few strokes to his white fur. "Not today MrMcFloof. I have school today and it's required that I accompany Kian there." She said his name in annoyance while continuing to walk.

     After a short while Faelynn came out of the bathroom dressed in her school uniform. She slung a duffle bad over her shoulder and walked out of her room, heading for the breakfast hall.

     When she arrived there were other set ants there too, along with their Airen companions. It was unusual because all pairs were wearing the same school uniforms instead of their normal attire. Waiting for her among them was Kian Cyra. He was standing at one end of the long table that had many choices of breakfast items.

     The right side of his blue tipped raven hair was turned back on his head. As an Airen, he had the normal two horns, but also five smaller horns coming down to his in front of his ear from his forehead.

     Faelynn grabbed some French toast off the table and set it on a plate as she approached Kian. The breakfast hall was more or less a very big modern cafe. They sat down at a table to the right of them.

     "Why are you so late, the Talins have already left." He said with an irritated expression.

     "And the Cyra are still here." She said back while take a bit of her toast.

     "I don't understand why I haven't fired you yet, you're so annoying." He got up and headed towards the door.

     "What's annoying is having to accompany you everywhere." Faelynn mumbled, and got up to follow him into the front gardens where the bus would arrive.

     Sure, living and serving in the mansion of two noble Airen families had its benefits. The servants got a nice pay and went to same prestigious schools as them, and even got to have their own personal rooms with all the necessities. Even while families were allowed to stay within the property.

     But to hates the person she was assigned to. Every sentence he said was annoying to her and it ticked her off. Even the worst of the twelve Talin brothers was better than him in her opinion. Somehow she put up with it.

     The front garden was a courtyard that had all sorts of plants and flowers decorated accordingly. It also had multiple benches and small roofed sitting areas. Kian walked across the stone path and sat down on a stone bench, one that was closest to the gate. Faelynn followed a few feet behind him.

     She didn't sit down, but instead leaned against a tree and took out her phone. The small sphere that she pulled out immediately expanded into a curved holographic screen in front of her.

     Soon, other people came out into the gardens, forming small groups and chatting among themselves. Because the mansion also had branch families living in the same house, there were many school grade kids and minors. That meant it got crowded quickly.

     As Faelynn was scrolling through her social media, she saw a group of Airen come up to Kian. Their attendants noticed her and waved, and a few moments later the three triplets joined her under the tree.

     "Hey Faelynn!" One of them said.

     "Good morning!" The other two said at the same time.