Chapter 24: Sugar Fight (Collin)

Börja om från början

Axil pointed a finger at me. "You better not put any ideas in that boy's head. I know where you live."

"Why are you still in my office?" I arched a brow.

Axil tossed the cookie into his mouth. "Mmm...." He marched from the room and closed the glass door.

Rolling my eyes, I put the container on my desk. Two grown ass men were fighting over a box of cookies. I picked one out and took a bite. They were really good cookies at least.

***

(Milo)

We walked into Axil and Jedrek's apartment to a loud bang. Collin yanked me to his side and looked around. Jedrek's screams followed from the bedroom. Were they fighting? I peered up at my mate.

"Let go!" yelled Jed. "You fucking mutt. Go to hell, you can just go to hell."

I pressed into Collin's side as Axil carried Jedrek out of the room. The human for once was in werewolf form and was clawing at the beta's back.

"Let go of me! You damn bastard."

Axil opened a door and set his mate inside. He closed the door and I heard the lock click into place. Jedrek pounded his fists on it and screamed at Axil to let him out. What was going on with them today? Axil cursed under his breath as a human hurried over to clean up the blood on his back.

"Do you want to go back to the apartment?" asked Collin.

My ears splayed to the side as the beta approached.

"Good morning." He took a deep breath.

I whimpered and hid behind my mate. I could sense the tension in the dominant's body.

Axil forced a smile. "Ready to go?"

"What was that about?" Collin motioned to the room that sounded like it was being torn apart.

"I'm the beta. If the press finds out I'm physically hurting my mate, it would tarnish the pack's reputation. Wolfsbane may be strict but I'll never do something as shameful as hurt Jedrek."

Collin smoothed out my head fur. "Should I leave Milo here?"

Axil shook his head. "I really don't care right now." He walked past us and left the apartment.

Collin turned to me and knelt on one knee. "Do you want to stay?"

I glanced at the room. "I'll be okay. Even if he breaks out, Jed won't hurt me. I'm an omega, not a higher up."

"Sub," corrected Collin. "Call me if something happens. Did you bring the phone I got you?"

I patted my shoulder bag. "It's in here."

He stood with a sigh. "I'll come and check on you at lunch."

My tail swished back and forth. "What do you want to eat?"

"Anything is fine with me."

"As long as it's meat related," I replied with a grin.

Collin nodded. "See you soon." He kissed my cheek. "Don't go near the door until he calms down a bit, okay?"

"I won't."

He left the apartment and I closed the door. I put my bag on the couch and listened to Jedrek yelling curse words. Axil name would occasionally slip into his rant. I rubbed my arm and went to the kitchen. Something big must have happened for Jed to use the 'M' word. He was lucky that his mate was the beta or he'd be in a lot of pain right now for saying that to a werewolf.

***

I crept over to the door and knocked. "Jed? I made some eggs if you're hungry. I didn't know if you had breakfast yet."

"Go away."

Swallowing hard, I gripped the plate tightly. He was still upset. With a trembling hand, I turned to the lock and slowly opened the door. I put the plate on the floor. Jedrek let out a shaky breath.

I pushed the door open a little more. "Jedrek?"

"I said go away." The red werewolf wiped his face.

Kneeling, I moved the plate to the side. The tiny room had a small metal bed inside along with a desk. Both had been flipped onto their sides. The floor was covered in paper and pens. The walls near the door were scratched up.

"It's hard being a part of their world," I said. "I am thankful for Collin and I do love him. He gives me everything I want but at the end of the day, he's the dominant partner. If he tells me no, I can't disobey him even in this form." I ran my hands down my legs. "I still don't know how to turn back to human."

Jedrek glanced over at me. "He made this room soon after we were mated. There's nothing worse than a dominant who hurts their mate." He brushed his cheek on his shoulder. "Axil makes me so mad sometimes. He talks to me like I'm stupid and then when I get upset he just throws me over his shoulder and locks me up in here."

"What happened?"

Jedrek tried to laugh but there was so much pain in his voice. "I'm going to be a dad to a werewolf."

My chest tightened.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm not mad because I'm having a kid. I'm mad because he didn't ask." He picked at the floorboards. "They made me jerk off in some tube and then Axil went ahead and started trying for a pup without asking me. I'm eighteen!" He clenched his jaw. "I'm still dealing with becoming a werewolf and he thought it was a good idea to have a baby, a werewolf pup." He took in a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. Collin has mention pups but we're not taking that step yet. He wants to have pups soon but he's waiting until I get used to life here first."

"Well, Collin isn't as big of an asshole as Axil. The damn beta title has gone to my mate's head. He thinks he can do anything he wants and I don't get a say. It's not fair. Werewolves are supposed to be free. It's all bullshit. The only free ones are the dominants."

I nodded. "I wasn't a very strong human, either. It's why my old master sold me. Somedays, I feel like I'm even a worse werewolf."

Jedrek shook his head and gave me a smile. "They think you're adorable."

"Who?"

With a sigh, he sat up straight. "The talk shows I watch. They were talking about you one day since your mate is pretty much the beta's right-hand-man. They love you."

"I notice they talk about you sometimes."

"The immature mate of the beta," he muttered. "They talk about me like I'm so rebellious kid. Everything I do is so cute," he mocked. "Look at him falling for the rebellion tricks. Oh, Jedrek got fooled again. Midfield should do a better job at educating their slaves." He wiped his face. "They always have some snide comment to say about me."

"You don't have to watch."

Jed fell back against the mattress that was half on the floor. "And do what? I'm banned from the computer. Axil won't let me out of the apartment alone. There's nothing to do. I'm bored out of my mind."

It was true. We had limited options.

I picked up the eggs. "Are you hungry? It's not amazing. I practice a bit by making them for Collin. He says they're pretty good."

Jedrek crawled over and took the plate. "Thanks."

I wrapped my arms around my knees. "You're going to be a dad?"

He nodded. "In five months."

Nodding, I sat quietly as he ate the omelet.

"Do you want to learn?"

"What?" I asked.

"How to shift." He put the plate on the floor. "I can teach you. I know from experience that werewolves hate teaching their mates how to do it because they want us to stay covered in fur all the time."

I laughed. "Collin is giving me that impression."

Jed rose to his feet and helped me up. "So do you to learn?"

"Yeah, I do."