『Chapter 13: New Beginnings 』

Start from the beginning

Now done with packing I bring both bags down to the front door one at a time before going into the dining room where Kaito and a sleepy Takashi sit.

"Good morning." I greet the two as I sit down and move a few pancakes onto my plate. The sound of sizzling from the kitchen alerting me that my parents are still cooking.

"Morning (y/n). How did you sleep?" Kaito asks.

"Well enough." I reply.

"You sure you're okay with the move (n/n)?" Takashi questions worriedly. "You looked quite distraught yesterday when Mom and Dad broke the news."

"I'm fine Taka. No need to worry about me." I say before eating a piece of pancake drizzled with syrup and cut into a square.

"I'm your brother (n/n). It's my job to look out for my sister." He replies. Quickly finishing the rest of my food I stand up plate in hand.

"I'm going to go brush my teeth and hair and I'll be back down okay." I inform the two males as I leave the dining room entering the kitchen.

"Good morning (y/n). Are you ready to go sweetie?" My mother asks.

"Almost. Have you two eaten yet?" I reply.

"Yes. Don't worry honey. You just go do what needs to be done." The orange eyed female says as she flips the last pancake before turning off the pan.

Unpacking my hair brush, toothbrush and toothpaste, I do my daily routine before repacking them neatly where they belong. A few minutes later we are all ready to go and with a nod we all file out the door.

Walking towards Dad's silver BMW Kaito and Takashi load our luggage while the rest of us get into the car. With his hands on the wheel our black haired father drives the car down the driveway and to the airport. The City of Greenbrooks has a pretty good sized airport. Not quite as big as Toronto or Ottawa but large enough.

Parking our car in the airport parking lot we exit the car and grab our respective luggage. Pulling out my phone I note that it is currently six o'clock. We have half an hour to get through security, find our plane and board. Thank goodness we live so close.

Walking through the big doors of the fairly large airport we see many tired people with luggage. Kids leaning on parents shoulders only half awake and others being carried or sleeping in strollers.

"Why so many kids?" Takashi asks no one in particular.

"Families traveling to warmer places like Florida or somewhere in the Bahamas." Kaito answers. From there we walk quickly in silence until we see a sign for Japanese flights.

Underneath the main sign are the different places in Japan that Greenbrooks airport is able to take you to. Among those names are Tokyo, Okinawa, Shibuya, Hiroshima, Hokkaidō, Honshū, Kyūshū, Shikoku and Kyoto. The arrow to Kyoto points us in the same way as those going to Tokyo, Honshū, Hokkaidō and Shibuya so we all turn right and continue through the airport.

"Where are Lucas, Tristan, Cameron and Caroline? I thought they were supposed to see us off." I say.

"Change of plans. Something important came up." Takashi replies.

"Why wasn't I informed of this?" I ask slightly annoyed at my family for keeping another secret from me though I don't show it.

"Luke called me actually." Kaito says. "He had to go help set up the caffe and the others were occupied with activities they couldn't get out of." He finishes.