"Mads," echoed behind me, "Madi!" I continued to ignore the blonde's calls, "Madison!"

I made quick work of ripping my arm from her sudden grip, "Stop!" I found myself pleading with them once again, "Just stop--Stop trying to settle me in, stop trying to make me feel like one of the gang--I don't want to be here, I don't want to be your friend, I don't want any of this! I just want to go home..." A pitying look entered her eyes, "I just want to snuggle up on my beat in sofa, watch your show on repeat and imagine my friend laughing next to me--A heaven that is the complete opposite to being shoved into a nightmare where I am deemed a weapon and now enable abilities that a random witch bitch decided to curse me with. I can't do this, Caroline. I can't skip around and worry about petty teen drama when death and misery surrounds me, I-I'm not strong enough for that. I'm sorry."

I was allowed to enter 'my' room with a slam, falling in a heap on the cold flooring as sobs raked through my vocal chords...

A FEW DAYS LATER

"Wake up!" I hit the heavy door a couple of times, receiving a groan from the prisoner.

"Do you have to be so loud?"

"If it reaches the maximum level to piss you off, then yeah."

"And why is your dream to forever piss me off."

"Because that was Stefan's orders."

"Ahh--And how is my baby brother?"

"Hasn't been home in days, I'm assuming he's relieving the stresses of his thoughts with a bit of rub and tug action with Rebekah," I mentally cursed my blurting when Damon barked out a laugh.

"And that's why I like keeping you around, Blondie," he sat up in his ratty, make-shift bed.

"You don't really have a choice, if anything you're more of a prisoner than me--" My step back was quick as he whooshed to the doors small window.

"Come a little closer and say that," he dared.

"No, thanks-- I already promised Bonnie I'd stop trying to get myself killed, sooo..." I gave an overdramatic apologetic shrug. His eyes narrowed, the bars impacted with an aggressive hit before the vampire gave me some space.

"How's Elena?" I passed a fresh bottle of bourbon through the bars with his question.

"Well, that was awfully calm considering the love of your life just switched off all of her emotions."

"Like you said; I can't exactly do anything if I disagree with her, I have no choice but to come along for the ride--"

"Odd, that's exactly how my life feels lately." I sighed at his expectant look, "She's fine, though I'm sure you can hear that. Caroline's trying to pull her from the edge while Bonnie researches some spells I asked her to look into when she dropped Care off this morning."

The bottle was opened, "Spells?"

"From the brief things I actually care to remember past my friends' box set, there's supposed to be a spell that will remove the effects of compulsion completely. I told her I needed it for you and she said she'd try to find it as quickly as she could."

"Why? Bonnie hates me--Wait, why ask? You barely know me..." confusion became his default.

I rolled my eyes, "Relax, It's not from the kindness of my heart. I just need a Damon who isn't Kol's little compelled Zombie if we actually want to get Elena's humanity back before I'm sent home."