7.

I wake up the next morning to the sound of someone beating down my door. I drag myself to the front of the house and unlock the old wooded entrance to find Charlie standing on my front porch.

I wipe the sleep from my eyes, "I've been knocking on your door for twenty minutes why weren't you up?" He asks me.

I stretch my arms out behind me before answering. "Why would I need to be up?"

"You start work today remember?"

Shit. I forgot all about me agreeing to work at the cemetery with Charlie.

"I'm sorry I forgot."

"It's fine, now get dressed we need to work fast to catch up on the time we lost."

After Charlie told me to meet him in the backyard once I was dressed, he left. I ran around my room, grabbing an old T-shirt and jeans and pair of tennis shoes, I walked into the kitchen grabbing me a banana and headed towards the back door.

I really wish Charlie would have at least told me what time I was supposed to meet him today maybe I wouldn't have forgotten. I opened the sliding door before meeting Charlie in the back yard. "Took you long enough, what you have to do, put makeup on?" He yelled from the other side of the gate.

I just laughed him off and followed him into the graveyard after he 'unlocked' the door. "Alright, I want you to start with taking this trash bag," he said heading me the black bag, "And pick up all of the fake flowers, throwing the ones that look old away."

I took the bags and starting picking the old flower arrangements off of the tombstones and throwing them away. After getting about half the cemetery done, which took over an hour, all the trash bags Charlie had given me were full. I started heading back to the front of the graveyard so I could throw these away and get some more, but before I could an elderly women stopped me. "Sir? Is there anyway you could fix my husbands stone it seem to be split right down the middle."

I followed her gaze to the old tombstone that looked very old. "I'm not really sure... I just started working here today but if you'll follow me I can ask my boss for you." I wasn't really sure if Charlie was my boss or not, but what else could he be?

"Oh, I better be going anyway." I turn towards where she was standing but she was gone.

Where the hell did she go? I look all around me, trying to find a obvious reason as to where she could have went, but there was none. I started walking back towards the front of the cemetery to find Charlie. "What took you so long?" he yelled from a few feet away.

Did I really want to tell him about the old lady? Will he think I'm crazy? Probably, but Charlie is crazy enough as it is. "An old women stopped me and asked if I could fix her husbands tombstone." I said, laying the two garbage bags in the trashcan.

"Well, you must be imagining things because the cemetery is closed today for maintenance." This can't be true. Maybe the old women just snuck in or something that has to be it. "Or maybe she was a ghost." He said with all seriousness, then he cracked a smile and told me, "I'm joking, but did you see your face? It was priceless."

I know my mouth had to of hit the ground. "Yeah, real funny." I grabbed another bag and headed back to the cemetery. Charlie sure was acting weird, yet I too was talking about an elderly lady talking to me.

After another hour of throwing away flowers, I was finally done. Charlie told me to get on the mower and start mowing around the stones. I was a bit nervous to do it because I didn't really like the idea of mowing over dead people, but I did it anyway.

That took most of the day, so Charlie said I could go ahead and go home. I hurried in the house since it looked like it might storm.

I took a shower washing, all the sweat from my body and making myself smell clean instead of smelling like grass. After I was done, I wrapped the white towel around my waist and shook my head a few times, ridding my hair of some of the water. I walked out of the bathroom and into my room to put some clothes on and dug through my drawers, which are very unorganized. My mother would have a cow if she saw them, but I'm hoping when she comes down this weekend she won't bother to look through my stuff.