Ch. 1

Rising up from the hot water and gripping the edge of the ceramic tub I was able to sigh, And take a deep breath

Rising up from the hot water and gripping the edge of the ceramic tub I was able to sigh, And take a deep breath. It was on nights like these when I was sitting in of a bath I was truly forget things. Just letting the hot water drown out my thoughts like no sad song ever could. It was only after the worrying thoughts crept out from the back of my mind like overgrown vines that I knew the water was cold and I should get out.

Heaving my body out of the water and wrapping a towel around my body I stepped onto a rug. Swiping at the water droplets that dropped on my face I tried to steady my shallow breaths. Another indicator to get out.

Stepping into comfortable grey bottoms and a white top as pj's I stepped out of my room a went out on to the terrace of my apartment. Putting my hands on the iron bars was I truly able to relax.

It was a quiet night, the type of night where you could hear the wind blow into you hair. Blowing wisps into my hair even if I had put my auburn hair into a low bun at the nape of my neck. The type of night where you could be breath taken my the beautiful city lights. Where you could hear the city noise that seemed to create a musical beat. As if it was your first time visiting.

Watching the stars and pointing out the constellations mentally I looked back into the soft light of the apartment. It was nice. It was small enough to be cozy and not cramped. A living room and kitchen separated by black bookcases. The windows letting light in making it easier for my anxiety.

One of my favorite parts of the flat was the plants that reminded me of outside. Like the vines on the black iron terrace, or the lavender in the kitchen, and the succulents dotting my room.

Stepping into warmth I headed into my room for my some much needed sleep.
•••
The next morning was the fun one. Yawning I grabbed my cereal I sat at the table with my 2 roommates. The tensions were high, but not in a bad way. At one point when it seemed like David, my friend since middle school, could not take it anymore that he sighed before speaking.

" Okay, guys, what is it?" He asked.

It was then that Chelsey, who I've shared many memories with, spoke with a laugh, " I don't know why don't you tell us?" She quipped.

" Or maybe Steven could for you," I added in with a smirk.

It was in these moments I could let myself not be so shy. Not overthink all of their and my actions. My personality was odd I was loud, but quiet and reserved. It was only when you got to know me a bit that my true bad bitch and snark came out to play.

Unapologetic. What I need, and aspire to be. Because if you messed with me or my friends, there would be hell to pay.

Chelsey pulled her black hair to the side of her neck, her lips tugging into a smirk I nodded to myself this is where I belonged.

I suddenly noticed the growing blush on David's face. I let a little laugh escape me eating my cereal and ignoring the heated glare he sent my way.

" Were we really that loud?" Chelsey gave him an incredulous look.

" Yes," I hastily replied shutting up her snarky comment that would have made it worse.

" Sorry," He muttered. I rubbed his back in a calming way enjoying the feel of his black fuzzy sweater Steven had got him.

Steven, boyfriend on one year. He was tall and built with slender green eyes a tattoo of a rose with a snake swirling around it on his wrist. He was funny, and charming and David seemed to be head over heels. David would hide his face in his hands whenever Steven complimented him. Who could blame him David wasn't that built but had some muscle with round blue eyes and a Roman nose. Freckles spanning out across his tan face. With curly black hair to top it off.

Rubbing a hand down his face he sighed, " I thought you guys were out last night?"

" Nope," I said popping the P. " I only had a evening shift at the cafe,"

" And I got off the bank early. Me and Bitsey got dinner, oh! we brought Chinese takeout," She exclaimed at the end.

Bitsey. Short for Elizabeth my name. I loved my name thought it was classy, but while David   would just call me Beth for short Chelsey insisted on Bitsey. I hated, no despised the nickname. There were so many to choose from! Beth, Liz, Liza, Hell even Abney my last name would work. It just got on my nerves...

" I said not to call me that,"

" I've been saying it since we were kids when we met by the swings, I ain't stopping now," She laughed finishing up her cereal. Checking the clock on the wall by the terraces door I dropped my spoon making a full clang sound. I was gonna be late for work.

Standing up and chomping up the rest of my cereal I tried to put on my white sneakers over my denim jeans. Looking for the right one I heard David mutter a under the couch. Grabbing my purse I looked at the mirror by the door.

My auburn hair was a little frizzy falling in their signature loose waves. My cream sweater hiding my hands. My style was significant of a stereotypical bookworm at this point.

Taking a deep breath I put on a smile and went to grab my light blue bike and get to work. Another day another dollar.

                                      •••
Please comment and tell if you liked it it would be so helpful. Love you I'll try to post twice a week but sadly SBA'S are coming up so I have studying. Anyways hope you enjoyed.💖

💖