Double Date

You're sitting in your Theatre class, listening to the teacher drone on and on about the life of Shakespeare. You were pretty interested at first, but after twenty minutes you got bored and started staring at the clock. Only ten minutes left.

"Oh, before I forget!" Mrs. Perkins interrupts her own ranting. "Our fall show is going to be Our Town, and everyone in the class has to audition."

Nearly everyone groans and starts grumbling about how unfair that is, but they're all cut off by the bell ringing. Lauren hooks her arm through yours as the two of you step into the hallway.

"I'm kind of excited about the play," Lauren admits. "Of course, I could have never said that back there."

"I'm kind of excited too. Jace might audition, if he isn't too busy. He loves that play."

Lauren winks at you. "I'll be sure to let Amy know." That wink has your stomach doing spins. 

When school is finally over, Dani walks with you to the parking lot. "So, Amy wants to go to the movies tonight."

"Sounds fun. What are you going to watch?"

Dani playfully bumps your shoulder with hers. "Y/N/N. Amy wants you to come too."

"Okay."

"She also wants you to bring Jason..."

It finally clicks for you. "Ooohh. So like, a subtle not-a-date-date."

Dani nods. "Kind of." You're at Lauren's car now, but the other Cimorelli girls aren't there, so you and Dani just lean against it, waiting. "I mean, Amy and Jason will be there, if he says yes, and me and you will be there."

"Yeah. It'll be fun. I haven't really gotten to hang out with Jace a lot since school started. Oh! We should go see that new romance movie with Cole Sprouse."

"Y/N, are you not hearing me?" Dani asks, one eyebrow raised.

"What do you mean?"

She rolls her eyes. "You are so oblivious, but you are also so cute so I guess it's okay."

The other girls show up and Lauren unlocks the car. Dani opens the door for you, but pinches your cheek before you can get in. "A double date, Y/N/N. That's what I was getting at."

"Oh." You try to hide your blush as you get into the car.

Lauren pulls out of the parking lot, chatting with Lisa about something funny that happened as she was walking to the parking lot. You're sandwiched between Amy and Dani.

Dani leans into your ear, one hand just barely grazing your thigh. "Hey. If you don't want to go tonight, you don't have to. Don't feel any pressure or anything, okay?"

"I want to go." You say. 

Dani smiles, tightens her hold on your leg, then lets go. So you officially have a date with Dani Cimorelli. You did not see that one coming. 

*

When you get home, you find Jason in his room on his laptop. He's been running home now, meaning you no longer have to sit in someone's lap when Lauren gives you a ride. 

"Hey, Jace. What are you doing tonight?"

He glances at you then turns his attention back to the laptop. "Probably just homework. Why?"

"Would you like to go to the movies with me?"

"Aw! Y/N/N! Do you want some quality time with your big brother?"

You roll your eyes. "First of all, you're older by two minutes so chill. Two, it's not just me going. Amy Cimorelli will also be there... she kind of specifically wanted me to ask you..."