Part 2: Ryan

*Your POV*

-What your wearing-

-Your hair-

-Your makeup-

-Your makeup-

I stood silently in my bungalow, my eyes glued to my forearms, tears blurring the pale scars that ran up them

I stood silently in my bungalow, my eyes glued to my forearms, tears blurring the pale scars that ran up them. A small whimper escaped my lips as I heard the groggy grumble from my bedroom, draw closer. I stood completely still trying my best not to move to much, as I watched his hungover form, make his way into the bathroom. His eyes landed on me before stepping forwards and roughly pushing me to the side causing me to trip and slam into the shower door.

"Move, slut." He said bitterly as he reached for the pills that sat on the sink. I let out a small curse as my hands cradled my now bruised cheek.  How was I gonna explain this? I watched as he quickly popped four or five pills into his mouth before swallowing them.

I pulled myself off the ground, a small whimper escaping my lips. He shot me a glare that took all the sound in my throat away and I quickly left the bathroom, trying my best to keep as quiet as possible.

I silently made my way to the door, slipped on my boots, and left. I knew I would have to make up some story for my purple bruised cheek but I'll worry about that when I get there.

I slipped my keys into my pocket and moved quickly out of the bungalow. My bungalow my placed right on the edge of the lake, just like Owen's which was only a short ride from mine. I moved to my motorcycle and started it up before pulling out and driving as fast as I could to the Mosasaurus tank where I was stationed today. That's how my job went. I was placed where ever I was most needed, which most of the time was the Raptor encloser. But today I was station with the Mosasaurus.

After I arrived I parked my bike and headed to the edge of the tank.

"Hey girly, how are you feeling yoday?" I said into the water as I watched the Mosasaurus swi around the side of the tank where I was. I heard her muffled roar and smiled. I stood back up and walked over the feed and pressed the button. I watched as a shark began to go across the wire to the center of the tank. Within a few seconds the dinosaur kept from the water eating the giant shark whole, and splashing down back into the tank, spraying water all over me and the tanks sides.

"Did you have to do that?" I asked shaking the water from my arms. I could hear her roars almost as if she was laughing at me.

"You're lucky you're cute." I said with a smile as I began to remove my vest.

"Cute is one word I would use for it." A familiar voice said from behind me.  I smiled and turned around meeting the handsome green eyes that sent chills down my spine. Owen stood a few feet away, his arms crosses in amusement.

"What are you doing here?" I asked wringing out my vest before putting it back on.

"Thought I had you, scheduled for the Raptors today?" He said taking steps towards me. I shrugged and moved to other controls, Owen following behind me.

"Owen, you and I both know that the raptors will be just fine with out me." I said with a slight smile as I checked the programming for the seating.

"Yeah but you know Charlie. She only listens to you." He argued.

"You know damn well that, that's not true." I joked as I turned back around. I watched as he was about to retort but then his eyes caught my bruise. His once playful green eyes turned concerned and his hands shot to my face, gently cupping it and his thumb rubbing faintly over the bruise.

"What happened? Who did this to you? I swear to God I will-"

"Owen calm down. I just fell this morning going down the steps. I'm fine." I said placing my own hands on to his. Our faces were inches apart by this point.

"Really?" He asked, totally not convinced but before I could try my best to reassure him a loud cough echoed from behind him. I shot away from Owen who didn't seem to care, his arms still in the air where my face was seconds ago. My eyes cautiously followed the sound of the clearly pissed off man, taking a big gulp as I met his eyes.

"What's going on here?" He asked, trying his best to keep his cool. Owen by this point had finally turned around, his arms bow crossed defensively over his chest.

"Nothing." I said taking quick steps towards my boyfriend and hugging him. He stiffly returned it, his cold glare never leaving Owen's.

"I thought you are supposed to be stationed at the raptor enclosure, Grady." He scoffed harshly.

"And I thought you were supposed to be in sanitation, Davis." Owen spat back, taking a threatening step forwards.

I looked in between the two men, rolling my eyes as they tried to kill each other with their eyes.

"Babe..." I said finally getting his attention," Owen here, just came here to ask me to fill in for Barry tomorrow at the enclosure. Right, Owen?"

Owen narrowed his eyes before nodded and dropping his muscular arms to his side's.

"Anyways, I came to tell you, you need to be home by seven." He said, looking down at me. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"And I already told you I don't know what time I'll get off, someone else might-" I tried to argue but before I could a rough hand grabbed my chin yanking it upwards, not enough to seem like it was anything more than a simple act of affection but, still enough to hurt a little.

"No, you need to be home by seven." He said in a low voice almost a growl. I gulped and stared back into his eyes," You remember what happened last time you weren't home when I said to be."

I let out a small squeak and pulled my face out of his hand, taking a few steps back.

"I'll try to be home by seven." I said looking at his chest refusing to make eye contact. I heard him grunt before taking a step towards me and placing an unloving kiss on my forehead. I returned the kiss on his cheek and plastered a fake smile on my face.

"I'll see you later, Ryan." I said with a smile. He grunted in response before shoot Owen one last glare and marching off towards his jeep.

I let out a sigh of relief as I watched him disappear from sight and turned back to Owen.

"That went swimmingly." I joked trying to lighten the mood. He shook his head and stepped forwards.

"You didn't fall did you?" He asked, looking down at me, his eyes full of sympathy. I sighed and pushed past him, unwilling to admit it out loud.

But my silence was all he need.