One: The answer is no

*Your POV*

I drove up to the raptor enclosure, on my motorcycle. The soft rumble of its engine emanating throughout the site. I parked next to my boss's, Owen Grady, a navy officer brought in to help train our raptors. I was hired straight after he was. I was second to him and Barry another raptor trainer and one of my best friends.

Ever since I met Owen, I had a crush on him. He was funny, brave, and supper overprotective which I thought was so funny. I grabbed a bag off the back of my bike and swiftly walked towards the containment door.

"Y/n!" I heard a voice yell from behind me. I huffed as turned to meet the eyes of Vic Hoskins a worker at InGen who had been trying to get Owen to let him use our raptors in a field test.

"What do you want?" I huffed as I rolled my eyes.

"Jeeze no love for me? How are the raptors taking to you two?" Hoskins asked stepping towards me. I backed away.

"There taking to us fine, why would you care?" I sneered. He chuckled.

"I've come to ask your boss about giving me a field test." He said walking even closer to me. I rolled my eyes and turned to wall away. He grabbed my arm pushing my sleeve up. I looked back at my arm, pale scars shown all up and down my forearm. I forcefully pulled my arm away and yanked the sleeve over the nasty scars.

"You still haven't covered those up? Would be a shame if, your boss knew, darling. What would he think?" Hoskins teased whilst making a 'tsk' noise with his tongue. I took a step back, forcefully yanking my arm away and pulling down my sleeve before beginning to walk away, Hoskins doing his best to keep up.

"The answer is no, Hoskins. These animals aren't for your personal gain." I told him for the 60th time. He smirked and continued to follow me all the way onto the catwalk.

"Hey, Y/n. How was your drive?" Barry yelled to me from down in the raptor muzzle area. I smiled and waved to him.

"It was good! I have the order you asked for!" I yelled back holding up the bag. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

"Thank You! Please put it on the table in the main tent! Have you seen Owen?" Barry asked going over to a muzzled Delta. My heart dropped a bit. Owen had told both of us him and Claire would be going on a date yesterday night. I hadn't gotten any word from him, so that means it most likely went well.

It hurt to see him with someone else, especially Claire. She and I had, had a rocky start. I knew she always had a crush in Owen and she knew I did as well. She didn't like that. We have or fights and both if us had at least won, one. She had always been a pain in the butt to me, sabotaging my job and my relationship with Owen, but luckily he saw threw her act.

"No, I haven't!" I yelled back, frowning. Barry gave me a sad smile, also knowing about my crush. I completely ignored Hoskins following you until he got to the main tent. He sat on the edge of the table next to me with his arms crossed.

"So......you and Owen?" He mocked. I slammed the bag down on the table making him jump.

"Is your job being a professional pain in the ass?" I asked. He held up his hands in surrender. I opened the bag and pulled out chunks of raw meat and set them in another bag, which whenever Owen decided to show up, he would use to feed the raptors.

Hoskins picked up a piece of meat and looked at it.

"You feed 'em with this huh?" He asked examining the bloody piece of meat.

"Can't exactly give them dog food. Throw that away." I told him. He looked at me, confused at why he should.

"Why would you throw it away?" Hoskins asked. I took the piece of meat out of his hands and threw it in the trash.

"I would get out of here before, Owen gets here." I told him taking the bag and leaving. His was quick to follow me all the way up to the catwalk. I hung the bag of meat on hook. I grabbed my radio off my belt and turned it on.

"Owen, do you copy?" I said into it. It was silent for a minute but soon static came over it.

"I do copy." I heard Owen's voice come over the radio.

"Where the hell are you?" I heard Barry's voice come over the radio as well. I heard Owen laugh.

"Look behind you, Y/n." He said. I turned around to see the smug face of, Owen Grady, his emerald green eyes shining in the light. I smiled and walked towards him. I stopped in front of him and shook my head.

"Where were you? I had to deal with this jack ass." I said pointing to Hoskins who was making his way over to us.

"What do you want?" Owen asked eyeing up Hoskins. Hoskins smiled.

"I need a field test." Hoskins said bluntly. Owen's jaw tightened and he turned to leave. He began walking away and I did the same but again Hoskins hand caught my arm. Owen growled and slapped Hoskins hand off of me.

"Don't touch her." He said protectively, standing in front of me. I scarlet blush crept into my face but I shook my head. Hoskins smiled.

"Jeeze Owen. Calm down. Now, listen those raptors are the most effective killing machines if I could just-" Hoskins began but was cut off by Owen.

"The answer is no." Owen said bluntly. He looked at me and nodded towards the muzzle area signaling for me and him to leave. And with that we left Hoskins standing on the catwalk completely dumb stuck. 

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!