Chapter 3

We stayed like that for a few minutes, until he had to break the hug.

"Hey, one question. I never caught your name. Mind telling me what your name is?" Ian asked me.

I thought for a moment, it wasn't normal for me to take even a second to remember my name. I pondered for a moment, and then I finally realized.

"I-I don't really remember..." I quietly said.

"What?! How can you remember everything that has happened to you when you don't even remember your own name?!" He cried out, surprised.

"How am I supposed to know that?!" I cried back.

"Well, good point I guess. Let's try to figure it out together. What letter does it start with?" He asked me.

I thought for a while, trying to remember. "I think it starts with a Z, I guess..." I said, not sure about it.

"Zany?" He guessed.

I thought again for a moment, but then I realized. "No, that's not it..." I answered.

"Zane?" He asked.

Then suddenly, a memory came back to me. Zane. He was my biological brother... and he's dead now.... I started crying a little. 

"Woah! Why're you crying?! Did I say something?!" Ian asked me, concerned.

"N-no.... It's ju-just that... Zane... He w-was my brother wh-who died in the car crash w-with my biological p-parents..." I said between sobs.

Ian immediately hugged me after that. "Shh... Stop crying. I'm sorry for reminding of that incident... I'm so sorry..." He said, now feeling guilty that he made me cry, voluntarily or not.

"I-It's fine.... I think it helped me, remembering my brother like that.... I think, my name ends with an R..." I said.

"Zavier?" He asked.

Then it hit me. I jumped up. "That's it! My name's Zavier! I remember now!" I said excitedly, jumping up and down.

"Yes! We got it right!" He said, grabbing me and hugging me again, this time even tighter. His fur was still as warm as ever. It was like hugging a dog, except 100 times more fluffier, cute, warm and comfortable. U didn't really resist the hug, even though he was hugging me very tightly. I guess I've been touch-starved, as I believe that I've been hugged more times this day alone than I've been hugged in 5 years.... I hugged Ian back, feeling his warm and soft fur as I brush my hands through them. Then, suddenly, he turned me around.

He had a different type of look in his eyes, I can't put my ha- I mean paw down on how his looked like, but they were definitely different.

He grabbed me by the back of my head, and inched our faces closer together. I blushed a little from this move.

"Uh, I-Ian? Wh-what are yo-" Suddenly, a pair of lips fell on mine, which made my body jolt upwards. I was shocked, Ian was kissing me?! My body felt warm for some reason...I tried to push him away, not because I didn't like it, but because I wanted to say something. But, he was too strong to be pushed away. That's when I felt how small and weak I was compared to him. I was only  around 5'6, while he was like 6'1. I was a bit on the slim side, while he was on the muscular side.

Ian then realized what he was doing and quickly broke the kiss. I didn't know what to say.

"I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have done that, I shouldn't have done that, I shouldn't have done that! I'm so sorry! I mean, you just lost everything you had, somehow came into this new world, and I already kissed you! You must be going through a lot right now, and- and-" Before he can finish what he was saying, I hold his muzzle shut with my han- I mean paws. God, I really need to get used to these terms.

"You didn't do anything wrong" I started. "You should stop being hard on yourselves... You saved my life, so I don't really mind. And also, I never said that I didn't like it..." I said the last part while blushing.

Ian looked at me with a surprised look on his face. "You mean... you liked it?" He asked me, shocked.

"Y-yes...." I replied, blushing even more.

"So, you're gay too?"  he asked me.

"Y-yeah..." I answered, looking down at my paws.

"S-so... do you wanna be my boyfriend?" Ian asked me in a type of calm and soft way, in order to not rush me. "It's your choice, I don't wanna force you or anything. I promise it wouldn't be weird if you reject me" he reassured me, as if I'm going to be his boyfriend just because it might be awkward later.  

"Yes! Of course I'm gonna be your boyfriend!" I cried.

Ian's eyes lit up at my response. He hugged me tightly, burying his face into my neck. For some reason, I could feel tears run down my neck, but I decided to ignore it, wanting to not disrupt the moment.

A feeling of warmth and content started to fill me, almost like a piece of my heart has returned. I wonder why...