Chapter 2: Home

Home

Laying eyes closed on her bed using the luminous moon to brighten up her dark bedroom she hums a sorrowful melody. She blinks unsurprised, all her melodies and songs are sorrowful but still, she continues to hum this melody to trap her and her parents' emotions in song never wanting to forget this moment.

Staring sadly at the locked door knowing that behind it are her screaming mother and father. How much longer must her mother put up with the abuse from her father? If only they could divorce but with an already struggling family they know that it's best for them to stick together if it meant that they had enough money to be alive.

Though, she heads over her old keyboard running her fingers over the yellow keys bringing her back to one of her few vivid cheerful memories of childhood. Her expression less gaze grows soft as she sits and begins to play, a part of her wishes that she could be a child again. She misses the innocent days of being a child, when every right in her eyes. She wants to be blind to the painful reality of life is like now.

Caught I surprise her fingers freeze mid air and her eyes widen in disgust towards herself. She couldn't wish for something so selfish, this is the way life for is now and she needs to accept it.

However, despite knowing how greedy she was being nothing could stop the tears that began rolling down her cheeks.

"It still hurts, it hurts so much." She muffled a sob.

So, she resumes back to playing knowing that she needs to continues to play before her shadow born from her fears and repressed emotions tears into pieces to tiny to be pieced back together. Yet, she wonders why, even after the hours that have now passed and sacrificed her sleep the pain still remains eating in deeper into the deepest cracks of her heart. Even as the sun rises and dawns finally breaks stealing the peaceful accepting moon away. Squinting longingly wishing to chase after the moon so the silent night when she's alone allowing her true self free could return and never escape from her grasp but she knows that's only a dream and she needed to move along with life. Surely, as she exits her room she would be able to steel up her fragile self.

However, as her Mother nearly stumbles on her avoiding the quick strong punches of her Father the thought for her to shatters into pieces like the glass it was, she following along. Heavy desperate breaths another one comes after as adrenaline pumps through her veins sending stress spinning tornados in her mind for fear of what's next to come, her thoughts rush back to the piece she played earlier. The notes and melody that her fingers created with the dusty keys, she tries to remember it hoping that the soft relaxing song could over-power the booming screams of her parents.

However, her efforts were useless, she could always hear voices their no matter what she did and she knows that. Though, she wishes that for just one time she could flush everything out and escape from reality.

"Fucking get out of my face, you're so delusional! I told you that it's already over, I'm not with her anymore." Yelled her father but she knows that he's lying. He's never honest, she him talking with another woman again over the phone.

"Lying whore," was the only name she could her father at the moment. Gritting her teeth as she glares her father through fearful eyes only to receive a dirty look from her mother causing her to shiver in panic, she reminds herself that the woman in front of her isn't the same woman from the past, the woman who comforted her during these moments and possessed a warm smile. That woman is gone, she needs to accept that.

"This all your fault," the woman groans in fury.

Yet, this time instead of despair filling inside her heart, it's bottled up agony and anger, and it's become unbearable. Running towards the front door avoiding her parents chasing after her and ignoring their pleads for her to come back she grabs her coat hanging by the door and sprints down street after street barefoot wrapping her coat around her. The sky is still half of night.

When she reaches the house on the left she knocks on it profusely eager to inside. Luckily, the door opens almost right away and she's greeted by a browned haired boy her age. He flashes her a worried look as she sighs in relief that he's still awake at this hour before he finally allows her inside.

"Your feet, let me see them." His words caught her in surprise causing her to look down at her bare feet. She forgot to put on her shoes before arriving here.

So, she lifts up her right foot then the left, the sight of the bloody cuts reminding her of the pain she had caused herself to feel. He sets her down on the couch in the living room before leaving to get the supplies needed to treat her scratches, the girl feeling guilty for causing him trouble.

Once he returns he quickly starts to treat her wounded feet.

"Thank you for doing this and allowing me inside." She mumbles gratefully.

"You're welcome and its okay," he pauses eyes darkening, a smirk forming on his lips. "I'm the only one you need Asha, you can tell me anything."

He forces his lips onto her as she returns the kiss disgust welling up in her stomach. She hates it when he touches her like this but she has no choice, he's the only one she has and he's been there for her since she was a child.

Their "friendship" is toxic but she can't afford to break it.