All the Pokémon carried out their orders. Chestnaught got hit with the Dark Pulse, and Umbreon was unable to avoid the Frenzy Plant. Umbreon was able to dodge the ice beam from Mastaka though, and Mastaka got hit with Frenzy Plant and Aura Sphere. Lucario was able to jump on the vines from Chestnaught's Frenzy Plant and avoid serious damage.

"Gyro Ball on Lucario!" Paul exclaimed.

"Catch it and use Dark Pulse from a close range!"

"Chestnaught use Pin Missile on Umbreon!"

"Umbreon use protect!"

The attacks were carried out, each effectively hitting their marks. The battle continued on until Clemont's Pokémon were all fainted. "Okay the Battle Royal is over now." Gary said.

"Who won?" Ash asked. Gary seemed to be counting up the points in his head. "I think Ash did. He knocked out everyone's Pokémon at least once, and the rest of us only knocked out a couple. Ash smirked and called Lucario back to his side.

"That was fun, but it was hard at the same time." Ash murmured.

"It probably works better when there's a ref who actually knows how to run one." Clemont said, smiling. Gary laughed and nodded.

"Ash, Gary, Clemont, it's almost time to go!" Serena called. Ash glanced down at his watch and nodded. It was about 9:45, and the Showcase started at 10:30.

"Thanks for the battle Paul, hopefully we get to battle again in the Champion's League." Ash nodded towards Paul. "We have to go guys." The other two nodded and called their Pokémon back.

"See ya!" Gary yelled as they ran into the Pokémon center. Paul stares after Ash, his eyes narrowed. His Pokémon are still weak, he needs to get stronger ones.

~~

"Hey guys! Welcome to the first ever Pokemon Showcase performance in Sinnoh! I'm Thalia, your host!" The audience cheered. A lot of them had grown up watching the Showcases from Kalos, and were ecstatic when Sinnoh finally announced that they would start doing them. It gives trainers who don't want to do gym battles another alternative, in case they don't like the set up of the Pokémon Contests.

"This season will be a journey of wonder and imagination! And by the end we hope to crown the first ever Sinnoh Queen! May her reign be beautiful!" The audience cheered again. Thalia explained the theme performance. The performers have to dress up their pokemon.

"It's just like the performances in Kalos!" Bonnie exclaimed. Clemont nodded.

"They're the same event, so there will be overlap. I'm glad that the Showcases finally expanded out to another region. It gets more publicity for Serena as the reigning Kalos Queen, but also allows for more performers to build strong bonds with their Pokémon."

"Since Serena is Kalos Queen, do we have to fly back to Kalos before the Champion's League Tournament? So Serena can defend her title?" Gary asked. Clemont nodded.

"I would assume so."

"Awesome. I love Kalos." Gary grinned.

"What about the title of Sinnoh Queen?" Ash asked.

"I think that the Sinnoh Queen performance is a few days before the Kalos Queen one." Clemont replied. "At least that's what I read in my guidebook.

"Good." Ash grinned. He wouldn't want her to miss anything.

"Our first group of performers is Naomi, Korrina, and Louisa!" Thalia announced. The three performers took the stage, walking to their specified booths for the fashion show portion.