"It just happens. Like it's written in the stars that you're destined to be with that one person, whether as a lover, a brother or a friend." Paul said, pulling her into his side.

"What happens if you don't ever imprint? Is it just wolves that imprint? Can vampires imprint?" She looked up at him, blowing hair out of her face.

"It's just wolves that imprint. I don't know if the bloodsuckers can have soulmates. I don't even know if bloodsuckers have souls, baby."

"Well, they must have souls." Talullah said, cuddling into his side, throwing a leg over his waist. Paul grasped her thigh and pulled it farther over him so she was laying on his chest.

"I'm sure they do. Some of them at least." He mumbled, grasping her chin and pulling her face closer to his. "Now stop talking about vampires."

He rolled over so she was under him, adjusted so he wasn't pulling her hair, and bent down, capturing his lips in hers.

They laid there, kissing, until the sun rose ten minutes later.

Paul laid back beside her and curled around her.

"We missed the sunrise." She pouted, her lower lip poking out farther. Paul ran his hand from her shoulder to her face, caressing her neck, before rubbing his thumb across her swollen lip.

"We did, but we had our first kiss as the sun rose." He whispered, leaning closer to her. He brushed his lips against hers and nipped at her lips, trailing kisses down to her neck.

He placed kisses and light nips around the nape of her neck where it meets her shoulder, and she stuttered over her words.

"Pa...Paul, you uh, you can't leave...um, hickeys, Cha- uh, Charlie will uh, kick your ass." She stumbled over her words, choking back breathy moans.

Paul growled and continued his assault on her neck, leaving light pink bite marks.

"I'd like to see him try." Paul whispered, leaving light kisses on her neck, trailing back to her lips.

"Paul, I'm serious." She said between kisses. He chuckled and pulled away from her, a smile spread on his face.

"Baby, I didn't leave any hickeys, I promise." He said, placing a hand on her face.

"Good."

The next day, Talullah dreaded having to go to school

"Do I have to go, Dad?" She grumbled, throwing her hair into a messy top bun.

"Yes, you do. And what's on your neck? Is that a hickey? I'm going to kill him." Charlie muttered, glaring.

"What? Where?" She got up and ran to the entryway mirror, inspecting her neck.

Charlie let out loud laughs at her reaction.

"I got you good, Lullah!" He laughed, smacking his hand on the table.

"What's all the noise for?" Bella asked, coming into the kitchen completely dressed whilst Talullah was still in pajamas.

"Dad pretended that Paul left a hickey on my neck to freak me out.

Bella laughed a little.

"Hey, dad? I'm going out with Edward Cullen tonight." She said, grabbing the box of Lucky Charms from the pantry.

"Cullen? Dr. Cullen's boy?" He asked, looking up from his newspaper.

"Yeah."

"I thought you didn't like any of the boys in town." Charlie mumbled, crossing his arms in front of him.

"So, does this mean I can skip school?" Talullah asked, snatching Bella's fresh bowl of cereal from her and taking a bite.

"Yeah, whatever. Make sure Jake brings you your schoolwork when school is over. And stay here or at the Uley house." Charlie grumbled, still staring at Bella.

"Thank you, daddy!" Talullah placed the bowl back down on the table and hugged him, kissing the top of his head before running upstairs to change.

Talullah entered her room and was pushed against the door right after she closed it.

"Paul!" She gasped, as lips captured her own, his fingers weaving into her long hair.

"Good morning, Talullah Rose." He said, the words causing his lips to brush hers.

"Good morning, Paul."