028

Tumango ako at nararamdaman rin ang lakas ng tibok ng puso niya tulad ng sa akin.

"Nasaan si Dad?" I asked out of nowhere.

Umupo kami sa silya. He stared at me and scratched the top of his head.

"Drake's uncle killed everyone back there using the equipment inside your Dad's bag. I don't know why but I blocked you from the explosions when you fell unconscious. Dinala kita dito as I fought and stopped Drake's uncle. He died as he shot himself in the head. Your father and Deli also... lost their lives." Aniya and I broke down into sobs. My dad fucking died! Sana hindi ko nalang sila sinagip! They are all monsters! Devils in their own way!

"Doon ko napagtanto na wala si Drake doon kaya binalikan kita dito," said Alec and wiped my tears away. "Naabutan nalang kita dito at naalarma noong may narinig akong gunshots. I was close on ripping Drake's head apart when I opened the door in belief that he's the one who has the gun, but it was the other way around. Tapos noong nakita kitang buhay, I felt really relieved. I made a note to self to never leave you alone again, if that's okay with you... Dahil kung hindi-"

"Of course it's okay!" pagputol ko sa kanya as sobs escaped my mouth when everything sank in.