Chapter One

(October 5th, Canada POV)

When Matthew was told he had been selected for a semester abroad, he honestly couldn't believe it. How exciting! How wonderful! What a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! He simply couldn't fathom why the school board chose ordinary old him to go, but he sure as heck wasn't going to argue with them.

After being told in his last period, he went straight home to his father, Francis, to tell him the wonderful news. Noticing that his father was *cough* "having company over" he had left and gone to do research at the library on which country he wanted to visit.

Each year, Matt's high school picked four students to visit two different countries. A pair of girls and a pair of boys, each pair visited one country of choice. That had reminded him, who was his partner? He had been so caught up in the excitement of being chosen, he had forgotten to ask.

Checking the school website, he crossed his fingers, he hoped he was with someone nice. The only thing that could ruin this trip is being stuck with an butt-wipe for a month.

And as if he had jinxed it, at the top of the announcements page in bold lettering was: "Congratulations to Matthew Williams and Gilbert Beldeshmit for being selected for APH's student exchange program!"

Sighing, Matt covered his face with his hands. February was going to be a long month, that was for certain.

(A/N: Sorry it's a short chapter! I can promise more in at most 4 weeks, as I have lots of projects to work on!)