That Smarts Like a Bitch

Haha so Yay I'm back!
I am so so sorry that I haven't updated this in forever but a bunch of shit went down and if I'm being honest I am still not doing too good, but I am back to doing something I love, writing. Thank you so much for your patience and I will most likely update regularly on Mondays now! Comments would be really appreciated because I haven't written in so long and I was feeling really rusty so do excuse the next couple of chapters if they are bad, I just trying to get the hang of it again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Consciousness came to Wynonna slowly. It started from her toes and slowly made its way up her body until her eyes fluttered open, blinking a few times to wade off the light that now overwhelmed her senses. She lay on her back tucked tightly into the blankets, the same way her mother used to do it so that she wouldn't roll off the bed. Wynonna smiled at the pleasant memory and she allowed it to reach her eyes when she realised it must have been Waverly. Waverly?!

The moment of bliss was over and she pulled herself into a sitting position "Shit, Waverly!" The motion as well as the shout sent a wave of pain through her abdomen and up her spine. Wynonna doubled over clutching her side in an attempt to wade off the pain before feeling a set of arms rest on her shoulders pulling her into an embrace. She pushed herself further into their chest taking in the scent of his crisp aftershave.

Dolls pressed his lips to her temple sending waves of warmth to combat the pain she awoke with.

"Hey" Wynonna whispered into his ear pulling his arms closer to herself.

"Hey, are you ok? You took a bad hit. How's the pain, do you need anything? Hold on I'll go get you some-"

"Dolls" Wynonna said snapping him out of his rant. Over the course of their rocky relationship, Wynonna had gotten to see the different sides that Dolls' personality had and the rambling about her safety wasn't new. She pressed her forehead against his and they hovered like that for a minute before he closed the distance and connected their lips. After they had savoured the moment of bliss Wynonna pulled away and rubbed the rest of the sleep from her eyes before asking a trivial question.

"What time is it?" Dolls chuckled slightly at the question before peering at the watch on his wrist.

"It's about ten past six." He replied

"In the Morning?! Jesus" Wynonna said her eyes widening comically before falling down back onto the pillows that lined her bed. Her mind still raced trying to find an explanation as to how she had ended up here in her bed.

"Dolls, what happened? How did I get here?" She said turning to face him. His glare hardened for a minute trying to figure out what to say.

"Do you not remember anything." He asked wearily

"Oh, Yeah, like I remember what happened but I don't remember getting back here? Wait how do you know?"

"Waverly." Dolls replied simply allowing Wynonna to piece together what had happened as to not push her past a line.

"Where is she?" Wynonna asked

Dolls peered over his shoulder out of her room and in the direction of the dining room. Wynonna followed his gaze before pulling herself up and off the bed.

"Wow easy there cowgirl" Dolls said catching her as she stumbled on her feet, Wynonna clutched her abdomen in an attempt to dull the sudden pain before doubling over into his arms.

"Fuck" She breathed into his chest. "That smarts like a bitch"

Dolls chuckled and placed a kiss on the top of her head