Remember When

27th October  2016

"Hey, Nicole!" Waverly said glancing at the clock and smiling at the fact that the officer was always right on time.

"Mrs Earp, Always a pleasure," she replied tipping her hat to the beautiful bartender.

"Lemme guess, a cappuccino to go," she said beaming at the uniformed officer.

 "You know me too well" Nicole replied taking a seat and placing her stetson on the empty bar in front of her. She watched the brunette intently as she made the coffee and placed it in front of her, she reached for her wallet to pay but was interrupted by the young Earp.

"Don't worry 'bout it, consider this one on the house," she said leaning onto the bar

"are you sure" 

"yeah yeah, trust me" she replied smiling once again

"always" Nicole whispered inaudibly, but Waverly heard it anyway. 

"So I hear Champ is taking the law enforcement exam, again." Nicole said steering the conversation away from her slight slip up.

"Yeah" Waverly sighed

"Would it help if I put in a good word with the department?" The officer said taking a sip of the coffee.

"You would do that for me?" Waverly replied grinning up at the officer. 

"I'd do a lot of things to you," Nicole said her eyes momentarily ablaze with a darkened lust before realizing what she had just said and looked away in embarrassment.

"F-for me," Waverly said also looking away in order to hide the blush that had risen to her cheeks.

"Yeah I guess that too" Nicole replied still looking away. 

"Hey," Waverly said soothingly, hooking her finger under Nicole's chin and turning the officers face to match hers. Nicole felt the heat swell from her chest and into her own cheeks, their lips were only inches apart and Nicole could feel Waverly slowly lean forward with her eyes closed. Nicole's heart hammered in her chest as she contemplated the decision, the docile part of her knew not to do it that Waverly was in a relationship and that to do this would be a huge mistake, but then there was that untamable side that wanted to jump over the bar and sweep her wannabe lover off her feet. In the end, her body made the decision for her and she leaned forward and brushed her lips across Waverly's before pulling her into a long, passionate and very much overdue kiss. 

Waverly's hands cupped Nicole's face, deepening the kiss. Behind her closed eyelids Nicole could see fireworks as her heart burst with love for the woman in front of her. Just as Nicole's hands had found there way to the back of her neck the kiss ended abruptly, leaving Nicole leaning forward in search of Waverly's tender lips, wanting more. 

"Shit" Nicole heard Waverly mumble before finally opening her eyes, she looked at the young Earp worried that she had crossed a line, instead she followed her gaze to the door where Wynonna stood in the doorway frozen as to what she had just walked in on. Nicole's stomach sank and her jaw dropped open ask she switched her gaze back and forth between the Earp sisters.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen. I would never force you to do, anything, Waves, Oh god I'm sorry." Nicole rambled before standing suddenly and snatching her hat off the bar 

"No Nicole wait, please!" Waverly yelled after Nicole as the redhead ran past Wynonna and climbed into her squad car, tears welled in her eyes and sprung free as she turned the key in the ignition and drove off, her vision blurred and mind reeling from the events that had happened only moments ago.

"What have I done?" Waverly said running to the door. Her heart broke as she saw the squad car speed off into the distance. "Shit! Wynonna what did I do," Waverly said now turning to her older sister with tears in her eyes. Wynonna embraced Waverly and held her tight as the younger Earp cried into her shoulder.

================================

A/N

Heyo

This chapters kinda short sorry I honestly haven't had time and I've got exams the next two weeks so I'll try to write something over the long weekend.

Sorry if there are typos I wrote this on my phone and not my laptop so feel free to point out my errors.

Btw this was a flashback as far as the timeline goes I've got no idea what's going on :)