Chapter I: A new beginning

The sunlight let Castiel's sapphire eyes light up, making them shine even brighter than usually. The building in front of him was so grand, it almost looked majestic. This would be his new life.

Castiel took in his surroundings, letting it all sink in. The way to the front door of 'Washington Highschool' was made out of expensive paving stones of which some were painted in a warm yellow tone. Cas slowly followed them, nearly not daring to step on them.

The two big azure blue doors made a small noise when Castiel pushed them open to reveal the interior of his new workplace. The atmosphere was breathtaking, almost delightful.

The entrance was still empty of students, considering the early time. There were mint-green lockers on each side, reaching nearly to the end of the room. Two staircases facing each other led to the first floor, on which were about 17 classrooms. The second floor was a bit bigger with 19 classrooms and a cafeteria.

The ground was laid out with marble-looking tiles, all shining with a royal white. The only thing missing were chandeliers hanging form the ceiling, decorated with little diamonds and alexandrites that jingled whenever a window was opened and the cool summer breeze rushed around them.

Even the cafeteria was supernatural. The tables were almost enough for the whole downtown to fit in and the food station glisted because of the reflecting light on the smooth surface. Castiel's never felt so distant yet so near his home.

As soon as he's seen every inch of the building he strolled to the main office, slowly but also firmly and with determination. Castiel knocked on the mahogany door. "Yes, please come in." The principal's stern voice sounded and made Cas gulp.

Nevertheless he entered and greeted Mr.Shurley with a polite nod and a friendly smile. "Good morning!"

"Hello Castiel! You can call me Chuck. We're not as formal as the school looks like." Without waiting for an answer, the short man continued. "You're teaching history, right? So your classrooms would be on the second floor, rooms 205 and 209."

Before Castiel could reply to the curly-haired man, there were footsteps behind him. "Mornin' Chuck." "Good Morning Dean! Would you mind showing Castiel room 205?"

The last sentence made Cas turn around to look at the man behind him whose name was apparently 'Dean.' When he finally saw him, he couldn't help but hold his breath. The room was suddenly so quiet that it almost felt like it was a prohibition to make a noise.

The man in front of him was pretty. No, that was probably the wrong word. He was gorgeous. The short, light brown hair was perfectly styled into a modern hairdo. There were a few stubbles on the man's chin, making him look even better. Cas then noticed the emerald-green, glistering eyes which made his face glow up.

The freckles that danced on Dean's cheekbones made him look younger and these pink, full lips which are like the ones desribed in a fanfiction looked so soft and gentle, so kissable.

It took some seconds until Castiel could tear his gaze away from the eye candy in front of him. That's when he noticed Dean's outstretched hand which he awkwardly shook while he thought of inappropriate things between him and his new acquaintance.

"Hi, I'm Dean." "Castiel. Nice to meet you." "Well, follow me then, Cas. I'm gonna show you what you'll need to teach these brats."

The angelic man in front of him led Castiel to one of his future classrooms and opened it up with a silver key. As Dean tried to explain how the smartboard worked and where all the items were, Castiel couldn't really focus on the said words.

The fascinating thing that Cas really noticed was Dean's voice. It was rough and deep, a glimpse of vulnerability which was barely notable. The shiny white teeth that were showing every time Dean parted his lips were driving Castiel crazy. He could only imagine what this impossible man would sound like when Cas would...