Chapter 5 - Feeling Guilty

Jackson looked everywhere for Taylor, he couldn't find her. 'Where could she have disappeared to so fast?' Jackson asked himself. He even went back at school to see if she was there and asked people who were around if they had seen her. Nobody had seen her. Jackson was starting to get worried. He then pulled out his cell phone and dialled Taylor's cell number. After three rings, Taylor answered her phone.

"Jackson?" She asked. Her voice was shaky. Jackson could tell she was crying.

"Taylor, where are you?" Jackson asked. "I'm at home." She replied.

"Well, how did you get there so fast?" He asked. "A girl from school saw me and she gave me a ride home."

"Oh." He paused. "Are you okay?" He asked. "God, Jackson, what do you think?!" Taylor was yelling.

Jackson sighed. "Alright, alright. I'm coming over." "Okay." She replied. Jackson hung up his phone.

He headed to Taylor's house. He began thinking about the event that happened at the park an hour ago. Jackson totally didn't hate Abby for what she said to Taylor. Even though it seemed that way to the others that he was. Not that he agreed to what Abby had said. He just wished that she didn't say it to her face and gotten Taylor all upset. But, he knew why Abby said it. Abby was upset and missed hanging out with Melissa, so did Nathan, Daley and Eric. But, Jackson missed Melissa the most. He missed her smile, her laugh, the way she'd listen to him whenever he had something to say, the way she'd bring him back up again whenever he was feeling down, the way she was always there for him, he missed her hugs, he missed…..EVERYTHING about Melissa.

Jackson felt guilty for the way that things happened between them and he wished there was a way to make things right between him and Melissa.

Jackson stood in front of Taylor's house erasing all thoughts of Melissa from his head. He rang the door bell and waited. Taylor opened the door moments after, she was still crying. Jackson looked at her sympathetically and gave her a half smile. He walked in, shut the door behind him and threw his arms around Taylor and embraced her. They both headed into the living room, neither of them said a word. They sat on the couch. Taylor rested her head on Jackson's shoulder.

"I'm glad you're here." She whispered to him. Jackson didn't say anything, he began stroking her blonde wavy hair.

"I don't understand." Taylor said sitting up facing Jackson and she began screeching. "Why did Abby say those things?….boyfriend stealer?…I'm not a boyfriend stealer!….and….bitch!, I'm not a bitch!….am I?! WHY would she say those things to me Jackson?! And…" Taylor continued rambling. Jackson just sat there looking at her, listening to her vent. He couldn't believe of all the things she was saying, she still couldn't figure out why Abby said what she said. It wasn't that hard to figure out. One name would explain it all. MELISSA.

"Taylor! Taylor. Relax." Jackson said trying to calm her down. "I don't know why Abby said those things about you." He paused. He put his hand under her chin to look at him.

"You are not a boyfriend stealer and your definitely not a bitch." He said giving her a reassuring smile. Jackson continued. "I want you to forget what Abby said ok? She doesn't know what she's talking about."

Taylor gave a slight smile. "Alright." she said. She leaned towards him and gave Jackson a hug.

Jackson wanted to tell her the truth about everything but he couldn't. He didn't want to make Taylor more upset then she already was.

He sighed. "This is all my fault."He thought.