chapter 2

// authors note: there's gonna be some OOC stuff here .. but it's for the sake of the story. enjoy!

// chapters have been lengthened and heavily edited as of 02.13.21

Zak blinked hard for a few times and rubbed his eyes. He had never seen color before, and frankly it never bothered him. Why was he beginning to see them now?

Shortly after, his phone vibrated.

He glanced down at his desk where his phone was laying, and read what the notification was.

badboyhalo: Hey! Im already on your server, are you still coming? o-o

Skeppy picked his phone up, unlocking it quickly. He typed up a reply as fast as he could. For some reason, he felt compelled to reply quickly to the other. It was as if something ushered his subconscious into doing so.

Skeppy: yeah, i am! give me a second. i'll be right there.

Zak inhaled deeply and sighed. "There's not much I can do about this, anyway." He said, trying to reason with himself so he wouldn't break into a panic attack.

As he finished grounding himself, he logged onto his server, attempting to mask his frantic thoughts with a complacent smile.

Skeppy: soooooo... are we gonna talk on teamspeak or discord?

badboyhalo: I think TS is better. Im already on your servers TS so just move me.

And with that, Zak moved the other into a private channel. For some reason, he felt butterflies in his stomach, but decided to just ignore it. Being a bit anxious was common for Zak everytime he talked with someone new.

But something about these butterflies felt ... different.

"Hey! So, you wanted to film a video?" Zak said, breaking the silence.

"Oh, yeah! You seem really ... uhm ..." The other stuttered, struggling to finish his sentence. "You seem really cool!

"Oh, thanks." Zak said, a smile creeping on to his face. "So, before we begin to film a video, we need to know each other more. So we're more comfortable around each other and don't seem as stiff." He beamed.

"Oh, sure!" The other stammered. Zak could tell he must've also been slightly nervous.

"What should I call you?" Zak asked.

"Well, my name is Darryl. But you can call me whatever you want." Bad squeaked.

"Darryl." Zak thought to himself as he leaned back into his chair ...

"What a cute name."

"Alright! I'm done filming! Thank you so much for doing this, Skeppy, you muffin!" Darryl said in a cheerful tone. "We should talk more often, and hopefully do more collabs in the future..." He cooed, toning down his obvious enthusiasm.

"Of course we will, Bad." Zak announced, a smile on his face. "Alright, I gotta get off. It's 3pm already and I haven't eaten lunch." He murmured, his stomach growling as his appetite grew.

"Alright, buh bye!" Bad exclaimed, a small giggle escaping from him towards the end of his goodbye. Zak couldn't help but stifle a laugh.

"Bye." Zak said and left the channel.

He yawned and stretched as he hadn't moved from his computer chair in a while. His back was killing him, the radiating pain stabbing at his lower back. He winced a few times as he attempted to crack his joints, only succeeding once. As he finished stretching and cracking, he opened his eyes and blinked a couple of times. He opened his phone and inhaled sharply.

He accidentally clicked Safari as he was opening his phone and saw the rainbow picture again. But this time it was different.

There was another color that Zak could see.

It was orange.

What's going on?