Chapter 5

Lucy's pov

I woke up yesterday from the nightmare. I think I was screaming Gray's name? I don't remember.

But I remember how we talked after words. He made me laugh and smile which I haven't done that in two days.

"Oh! Gray remember Bisca and Alzach?" I asked. They were the best of friends and one of our friends too. Even though they were both oder than us. Alzach was 15 and Bisca was 14 when I left.

"Hell yea I remember them! I talk to them by their house all the time!" He exclaimed.

Wait their house? Are they living together?!

"Their living together?! How, when?!" I had many questions and he could tell.

"Okay so after Alzach had turned 18,he left his parents house and bought the house they are in now. But, when he was 16 and Bisca was 14, they both finally admitted to each other they loved them!" He said.

Bisca and Alzach's birthdays were two years apart on different dates.

"FINALLY!!!" I scream. I was always shipped them.

Gray giggled at my reaction.

"They also own a bakery." He says looking at me holding out a hand.

I gave him a questioning look but I accepted his hand and he pulled me up off the bed.

I tripped over a shoe and I stumbled into him. Be caught me but I landed into his chest with my hands on it.

"Masculine" I thought to myself. Wait. Did I just think that?! And I blushed at my own thought.

I looked up at him and saw him looking back at me. I felt this strange feeling to kiss him but would that be way too soon?

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yup," I stop to clear my throat, "I'm okay." And I move back a bit away from him and stand on my own.

"I assumed you would want to go see their bakery so I helped you up." He informed me.

"Yea, that's what I thought." I said back and gave him a small smile.

He started to walk so I followed him and we went out of his small house and onto the dirt road of the town.

It was a nice day. Sunny and it smelled like spring even tho it's fall. Children were running around playing tag or hide and go seek.

It's still the same small little village since I left. But some new little faces.

"Not much has changed since you left. Just new kids running around." Gray tells me.

"I can tell."

Well walk a little further till we come across a small lime green shop with the sign saying "This Little Bakery!"

It was so cute looking. Gray had gone up to the door to open it for me and I walked past him and thanked him.

A small woman, a bit taller than me was rearranging the products in the counter glass case.

"Hello and welcome to my bakery! I'll be with you in one moment!" She said enthusiastically.

"Now Bisca, you shouldn't keep the queen waiting." Gray had said next to me with a small smirk on his face.

Once she heard him she shot her head up and once she saw me she gasped and looked teary eyed.

"Oh my, Lucy Heartfilia is that you!?" She exclaimed and came out from behind the counter and wait. SHE'S PREGNANT?!

"Bisca! Oh my Mavis! Look at you!" I exclaim and walk to hug her. We meet half way and get each other a tight hug.

"Look at me?? Look at you! Your so beautiful so much like your mother! I'm sorry to hear what happened though." She said.

"Thank you Bisca and it's okay." I say with a small sad smile.

"But I mean your pregnant!" I exclaim.

"Yup! She's just about ready to pop out!" She says and giggles.

I hear footsteps and see a tall man walk up behind her.

"You mean he," He said with a small but bright smile.

"Alzack Conell, I'll be damned your a real man." I say and hug him.

"Hey! I was always a man." He exclaims and hugs me and spins me around.

I giggle and hold on till he sets me down. "No, you became a man when you confessed to her." I say pointing to Bisca.

"Well he confessed. I just made the first move." She said and laughs then everyone else does.

We talked for a while. We talked to the customers and had a bunch of laughs.

It was almost sun set when Gray and I decided to leave. We walk back to his small house.

"I had so much fun today. Thanks for taking me out Gray. "

"It was no problem Lucy. If you need anything I'm here always."

"Well, Levy is probably worried about me. I better head back to the castle."

"I see. Well I'll take you back."

I looked at him and seen a small smile on his face.

"No, you don't have to. I can go by myself." I insisted.

"Lucy, by the time you leave with everything you need it'll be dark. Do you remember last time you were in the woods alone? It wasn't even 24 hours ago." He said. He does have a point.

"Okay fine." I say a bit stubborn.

"Good, now get some food and water and your wolf."

"Crystal! C'mon baby." I say patting my knees and smiling.

She perches up and comes running towards me happily.

I pet behind her ear and smile. She looks like a puppy!

I gather food and water before walking to Gray and nodding my head signaling we can leave.

We walk out the door and down a dirt road that leads into the forest. It was getting dark but wasn't really near night fall.

It's takes quite a while to get from here to the castle, so I know this was going to be a long journey.

Time skip.

We made it through the forest, to the edge of the city. I turned my head to see Gray looking around in administration.

It did changed since the last time he had seen it, which was so many years ago.

"Well, I guess this where I bid you fair well m'lady." He says with a soft smile.

I giggled at him for being so formal.

"Sir Gray, there is no need to bow down at my graciousness!" I said with a smirk before we both burst out laughing.

"Oh how I missed this," He said.

"Me too Gray, me too. But you know that you ccouldbecome one of my nights. I know you have been training." I say because I totally didn't check him out earlier.

"Hmm, I'll think about it." He smiles.

I smile back and look up at the sky and see how dark it is.

"It's late. You should get going," I say even though I don't want him to leave.

"Yea. We'll see each other again I promise." He said and starts to walk away.

I want to reach out to him and hug him but that would be wrong would it?

But it was too late and he was gone. So I turned to the city gates and go to the castel.