Chpt 2: There is No Class Here

Patton showed up an hour early again. He walked into his classroom and started organizing all of his classroom supplies and putting them away in the right cabinets. After about half an hour of him organizing, he went to the library to pick-up the Lit Circle books that he would use later on in the school year.

Patton walked to the librarian's desk. "Hi! I'm looking for The One and Only Ivan Lit Circle books?"

"Ah yes," the librarian said. "They are right here," she handed him a stack of books and Patton walked them back to his classroom. He was nicely setting them on the shelf when Roman came in.

"Ah ha! Patton, have you seen Virgil around here!" Roman said. Patton stopped stacking the books and turned around to look at him. "My book is gone and I think Virgil was behind it..."

"Ah, what book?" Patton asked.

"Interview with A Vampire," Roman said. "You see, he acts like a vampire, so I was reading into it, but as soon as Virgil found out, the book disappeared!"

"But if Virgil was a vampire...wouldn't he burn up in the sun?" Patton asked.

"Not if he was a Daywalker," Roman said.

"A Daywalker?"

"They're a special breed of Vampire that is immune to sunlight. They are very rare and almost extinct too."

"And where did you hear this?"

"From my book!" Roman said. "According to the book, because they could walk in daylight, they were more powerful than normal Vampire's so there was this huge war and the Daywalkers almost went extinct," Roman said. "The Lunchroom! I forgot to check the Lunchroom!" Roman ran back out of the room. There might be a reason he took that book, Roman...

Patton chuckled and went back to stacking books. Not minutes later, Virgil walked into Patton's classroom and sat on one of the desks.

"Yeah, I'm going to lay low here for a while," Virgil. "Roman-"

"I know. He thinks you're a Vampire. He was in here a minute ago," Patton said. "So, what did you do to his book?" Patton asked.

"Oh, I burned it," Virgil said absentmindedly. Patton froze and looked at him. "What? He bought it, it's not like it was a library book,"

"How did you burn it?" Patton asked baffled.

"Logan is good friends with the Science teacher, they're both nerdy dorks, and I am good friends with Logan so it didn't take too much to get a hold of a few matches. Then I snuck out to the track and set it ablaze,"

Patton blinked away his confusion and stacked the last book on the shelf.

"Ah ha! There you are Daywalker!" Roman said jumping into the room. "Now, where's my book!"

"In a pile of ashes in the trash," Virgil said.

"Gasp!" Roman gasped. "You burned it! You monster!"

"Did you just say gasp?" Virgil asked.

"I was just trying to learn about your species!" Roman said. "You don't have to hide anymore!"

"You said gasp," Virgil said miffed.

"You really are a Vampire!" Roman said.

"Now, Roman, Virgil, I think we should both calm down. Roman, he is not a Vampire or a Daywalker or whatever," Patton said getting in between the two of them. Patton was glad that the other teachers were like him, but maybe too much of something would cause chaos.

"Is no one going to acknowledge that Roman just said gasp instead of, I don't know, GASPING?!," Virgil said. Patton stood between the two teachers, unsure of what to do.

"Virgil, I have the copies you wanted," Everyone looked up at the door to see another teacher, a cup of coffee in one hand, and a stack of papers in the other. He had square glasses, a black button-down, a dark blue tie, and an expressionless face.

"Thanks, Logan," Virgil said standing up and taking the papers from the other teacher. "Oh, Logan, this is the new English teacher, Patton," Virgil said gesturing to Patton.

Patton was dying inside. They never said that Logan was that fricking cute. He tried to contain his ever beating heart and he gave a shy wave.

"Salutations, Patton," Logan said taking a sip of his coffee. Patton's heart skipped a beat. The way that Logan had said that, had said his name. Patton took a deep breath in and tried to control himself.