Bebang(6) - The De Facto

BEBANG

''A limited number of Idealist controls the whole world. Some are destined to be great. Others are destined to die. Destiny was too enigmatic, I have no idea where I am bounded for.''

 The flight tooked 2 hours before we arrive at the Burnham City. There are four massive transport aircrafts. If there are 10 seats each side of an aircraft, 10 at the right and another 10 at the left, we have 20 seats per aircraft. So if the number of seats visualizes the number of people, the 20 seats is numbered for 20 people. In that case, sa isang transport aircraft is, may 20 people. Sa apat na aircraft, it gives us the total number of people who inhabit this whole place, which is 80 participants as a whole. We are all 80 in number. 

The Population Statistics Research Organization (PSRO) notified the Modus Institute about the decreasing number of scholars every year. Parang nung era 3999, 100 yung bilang ng participants na nakapasa ng logistics tribulation. Now we are all 80 in number (era 4000). Wala akong idea kung anong mga factors yung nakakaapekto sa pagbaba ng population count, kung may ginagawa na namang kalokohan ng Modus Institute, since hindi ko naging field ang statistics. I trust my pact, The Research Institute (TRI). My consortium, TRI, is an iron clad. 

''SS Participants, divide yourself in 10.''

Confusion seizes in. Uproars, commotions, chaos, everyone was too nervously excited. ''Bernadina, you have any ideas?'' Alex mouthed; she is sitting on the right side, 3rd seat from the right door. Nasa left side ako, 8th seat from the door at the left, 6 metres distant from Alex' seat.

Divide yourself in 10. The commander was addressing us, all of the SS Participants. There are 20 SS Participants in a transport aircraft, two transport aircraft for SS Prtcp., another two for TS Prtcp. There are four transport aircrafts in whole. There is only a one assigned commander for every transport aircraft, so in that case, the commander was only addressing the SS Participants for this aircraft. If we are 20 all in number, and we have to divide our number in 10, now we get 2. Eureka!

 Undecoded signs and symbols was really usefull. I waved my hand under my seat, gave Alex a signal to decrypt the Insignia. Alex nodded; I twisted my fingers into a fist, placing the thumb between the middle finger and the index finger. ''T.'' Alex nodded again, ibig sabihin nakuha niya agad yung first symbol. 

Insignia is the officiaI secret signal transmission of The Research. Nonetheless, Alex is not part of the The Research. Tinuro ko sa kanya for our security and safety, given that she is already involved in this setting. I made a Merkel-Raute symbol, one of the symbols na perfect ang symmetry. Symmetry symbols means harmony and balance. Sa Insignia, we have to make at least one perfect symmetry symbol kung may bagong symbol ulit. The counterpart of the symmetry symbol in the era-2999 human keyboard is the spacebar.

The girl who was sitting beside me looks alarmed, nakatuon yung atensiyon niya sa kamay ko. I can get the impression, the girl was curious about what I was doing with my hands -- the dactylology of symbols. Alex is on guard, aware that we had intruded the girl's attention who was sitting beside me.

 Alex gestured a point, insisting me to continue the Insignia and go on, ''Come on. The girl is nothing to be worry about.'' The next letter is ''W'', three abreast fingers must be fanned out upwards; the index finger, the middle finger and the ring finger. The girl was still looking, I turned a blind eye. I must proceed with my business. I have to deal with her later.

The commander stood straightly, holds a flamethrower in his arm for defense. Astig naman pala, susunugin lang kami any second na mag-trigger kami ng kahit anong revolt. Mass murder, flamethrower massacre, long controllable stream of fire weapon, flammable gas, there is a destructive burning involved.  Fire. The whole defense force is a knack. 

Fire. What happens to a body after being placed in a high-temperature burning? The body reduces its basic chemical compounds, the burned mineral fragments of the body turns into a powdery substance. The body after being placed in a high-temperature burning turns into ashes. The body turns into ashes. Two substances are combined to form a chemical reaction. The body, as the first substance, has combined with fire. 

Brilliant scheme. Fire has been the legendary death punishment for almost years of history and has also been used for centuries as a method of torture and execution, as evidenced by death by burning as well as torture devices such as the iron boot, which could be filled withwater, oil, or even lead and then heated over an open fire to the agony of the wearer. Kahit nung kasagsagan ng Iconoclastic controversy at Nazi period, burning has always one of the most famous ways to kill a history. Iconoclastic days, ginamit ang element na''fire'', sinunog ang lahat ng  pictures na may kinalaman sa relihiyon noong byzantine days. The Nazi's, the world war one, these events have provoked fire to killing and death.

When everyone has to delete something, they burn it. Fire has been used to terminate something without evidence of guilt. Brilliant. Every one who has a motive to make a gross, shamefull crime, must use fire to succeed without evidence of guilt.

The last letter is ''O'', the most easiest letter in dactylology. ''What about TWO?'' Alex hissed, she didn't recognized the whole division whatsit. The commander walked into the middle spot, ''Move over,'' the commander in charge (CIC) demanded. Alex sprinted and approached me, ''Two?'' The two access door opened, ''I will count one to two. When I say 'move,' tatakbo tayo palabas. Speed?'' Alex keeps her mind focused on the access door, ''Speed.''

We never had a clue what awaits us there outside the access door.