Bebang(3) - The Death Knell

ALEX

 ''Illogical thoughts must be rejected: must be condemned. In that case, we can prevent stupidity; we can prevent stupid.''

I almost forgot how to laugh. Things are not funny, humorous as it was before. Bernardina, who was my bestfriend for 7 consecutive years, has changed a lot. Does change have to be necessary? 

If changes have to be necessary, I must thank it. Life's privileges should not  supposed to be wasted. I must not associate myself with disorder. Change had made me better; or perhaps, inclination tries to overrule my belief.

I must presume, that survival requires change; Prejudice results diversity and invariability must not simulate our existence. Fighting is not always necessary. Weakness must not be devoted with fighting.

Chenes, chenes, chenes, kemerut keberlyn. Nosebleed.

Four years ago, I had a great time with my bestfriend. These things will never happen again. 

''Wow! Fireflies!''

''Grabe! Ibang klase talaga! Ang dami nila!''

Fascinated. I attempted to touch one of them but failed. Fireflies were like imaginative stars. Tinanong ko si Bernardina kung bakit umiilaw ang pakpak nila. She called it chemiluminescence, the thing we also see in glowing jellyfishes and glowing sticks.

''Ang ganda nila! Parang magic!''

''May enzyme kasi silang luciferase. Nag-aact sa luciferin in the presence of magnesium ions, adenosene tryphosphate tsaka oxygen kaya nag-eemit sila ng light!''

''Grabe. Salamat sa pagpatay sa magic ha! Buong paniniwala ko ang nagpapailaw sa kanila eh luha ng mga diwata! O pangarap ng mga natutulog na sanggol! Salamat sa pagyurak sa kaligayahan ko!''

''Oh, my pleasure. I love you bestfriend!''

Bernardina uses her downtime reading books. Max, however, was busy toying his flings. I heard Annie was her latest toy, but Bernardina doesn't seem startled. Proffessor Miley stormed inside the classroom casually. Everyone suddenly felt  stimulated.

''Everyone settle down. I may presume that you have memorized all my laws and policy within the four foundations of this room.''

''Miss, whoever I don't care whatever crap you have but I must not be mistaken that you are wearing that very displeasing yellow shirt with a dark skin type. Well, I really don't mind if you may, atleast please, leave my class as soon as possible, now. The problem of yours is whole-heartedly understood, you seem to wear that depressed face and I am certain that you are too unlucky to feel so troubled. You may fix your face outside. Thank you, please.''

''If you got questions, leave it inside your head. Learn how to fix your anxiety. As you may see, bullshit here, inside my class; as well as in other class, must not be tolerated.''

Philosophy fits my degree of sophistication. At last, I know where to suit myself.

''Any advanced ideas about Sun Tzu's The Art of War?'' Bernardina shifted her head at the back, slowly creating a quiet conversation with me, carefull not to attract Proffessor Miley's attention. Proffessor Miley writes something at the chalkboard which I can partly see. Myopia's advantages hasn't yet, up to this point dropped in.

''Not a chance. Pretty Little Liars looks more pleasing than classical books.'' Bernardina made a  disgusting face, quite on the edge. The class are mostly expected to open up their books, too fearful to the idea of failing PHIL-033. Max was busy writing something on his notebook. A group of stinks in  heels and dresses at the middle row started to tattle. Another group of stinks will be sentenced by humiliation, soon. Heaven forbid, I must never be surprised.

''Tactical dispositons and positioning explains the importance of defending existing positions until a commander is capable of advancing from those positions in safety. It teaches commanders the importance of recognizing strategic opportunities.'' Proffessor Miley turned her back, stupefying class as she inconceivably face us in bleak mood. The stinks were astounded as Proffessor Miley peeked at their spot. 

''It teaches us not create opportunities for the enemy.'' Proffessor Miley continued, ''The 4th chapter of Sun Tzu's The Art of War taught me that opportunities for stupid interruptions must not be permitted to interfere the interest of the class to acquire new knowledge. And I, as your proffessor in Philosophy, is responsible for that verdict. ''

One of the stinks who wears pink dress and pink heels stood up bravely. I forgot her name; names which are not remembered are those belong to the one's who are not important, as my father had said. 

The girl in flurry pink started to speak, ''The enemy may confuse you, or may even detest you; the enemy may be stronger than you, and you are capable of defeating it unless you change your tact. In order to win, you have to disguise your motive; If you are too weak, try to bend until you learn how to stand. Learn how to forge ahead your allegiance, slowly but firmly. Being sure isn't enough as being firm. The slow the move is, the firm victory you may expect. ''

''Proffessor Miley, as our Philo proffesor, you aren't supposed to humiliate my group, are you?''

 Proffessor Miley was startled. The class was startled. It is somewhat disturbing indeed, how silence has becoming slowly hazardous.

 Bebang stood up. ''Yes, Ella. Proffessor Miley doesn't prefer to humiliate your group. You know, she's the proffessor, we are all in this together. Living organisms trying to live life on a floating rock in cosmos, hoping here that you've catched up my pointless point. Ba't ba all this time napaka-two dimensional lang ng pagkakakilalala ko sayo?''

''You are out of here, Bernardina—''

''Of course I'm here! Sa kada rebolusyon ng mundo sa Haring Araw, pabalik-balik kang sisigaw ng, ''Ano pa ba! Ano pa ba!'' For all eternity! We know that feeling! For all eternity!''

''Bernardina—''

''And time! Wow! Nagmamadali ka pang makaisip agad ng bagong tact para maka-counter attack. You know how to define respect, you know who to respect. Why on Earth there's such thing as poorily scholars!'' Bernardina walked out of the class. Genius, she had always used lunation as her tact.

The name was Ella and I am still not so sure if she is a member of The Consolidates or The Ruffians. I do not know either if she is a member of any group. There are still hidden fellows to look forward to. I am expecting for more. Apart from that, I noticed that Professor Miley just did her top flight today. There some things in universe that are just too worthy to be noted and to be noticed. 

''Class dismissed. Do not forget to take your lessons very seriously, our next assigned readings would be: the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Bring a copy next meeting, if you haven't found at least one, please, do not come into my class.

''— and I am afraid Miss Emmanuel that you are going to stay as I please.''