Five | Run Girl Run

Chapter Five, Day ???

??:?? AM/PM???

"Y-You d...don-n't rEm..meMbeR m-m-mE?" Came its glitched voice after it cracked its rusted jaw open.

        You said nothing, mainly out of fear but, in truth, what do you say to that?

It was virtually an exact replica of Freddy Fazbear, aside from the colour, unhinged joints and loose wires.
The animatronic you recalled from your days of youth had a different model. For all you know, when they built the new pizzeria they could have changed the structures of the robots, as a improvement from the old Diner.

Ah, Fredbear's Family Diner... The town Diner that was lost to time. The two animatronics were called Fredbear and Springbonnie, and my word was the robotics way ahead of their time. To have moving, interacting machines was thrilling for '83; exotic, even - and perhaps, out of this world.

But, as the years passed and the suspicions grew, Fredbear's was shut down and a mysterious fire burnt it to the ground, leaving no trace of it's existence.
A decade or so later came the new Fazbear Franchise, presenting Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria.

You remember being one of the first to get a flyer for the grand opening, excited because of the tales of the wondrous animatronics from the old Diner that your older sibling spoke of. Golden Freddy, the remodel of Fredbear, was one of the advertised animatronics, but when the restaurant opened, he was never on stage, or mentioned for that matter.

He was lost in history, as if he died with the first Diner.

It was odd. No one ever knew of Golden Freddy, or that he was an improved version of Fredbear, apart from yourself.

As you sunk deep into your thoughts, drowning in the crevices of your mind, you became puzzled. How-..?- How did I-..?

"Ho-Ow d-d-diD you dis..discOveR me-E?" It, or should you say he, took a heavy step forward as he finished your sentence. He twitched, his arms hanging in front of him. His metal body squeaked even from the smallest movement.

You sucked in a breath as you sunk back against the wall. "Please!" You blurted out. "Please don't hurt me!" You wanted to hold your hands in front of you, shielding yourself from the oncoming danger, but you were held back via the ropes.

A deep, short noted laugh dragged from his damaged voice box. "Do-dON't be pAthET-tic..."

The only source of light in the room flickered, fighting vigorously to stay on. Just to your fathomable luck, it flashed once more then dimmed completely.
Fear climbed its way through your body as the heavy footsteps got louder, signifying that he was getting closer. Wincing as the clank of metal ceased, you prepared yourself for whatever was about to head your way.

Shock. Shock came your way...

Especially as a clammy, ice cold to the touch, human hand was placed against your cheek. It lifted your jaw, turning your head towards the same white specks that happened to be exactly like the animatronic's dead eyes. They were the white eyes you saw in the man you first woke up to. Concluding your thoughts, it had to be the same man... or...

Your wrists thumped with pain as blood rushed straight to them. The ropes were now loosened, pooling on the ground. You flexed your cramped fingers that brushed against the carpet beneath you.

"There," a gruff sounding, supposedly male, said.

Filled with a sudden burst of adrenaline which rocketed through your veins, you inhaled deeply. "Who are you?" You asked. It was a dumb question, and unneeded. However, curiosity told you to ask it nonetheless.

Shuffling was heard, followed by a short click. On came a weak light, brightening the room just enough to see it contents. You looked up at the light hanging from the ceiling coated in cobwebs. Grimacing, you squinted slightly and brought your gaze back down.

As you concluded, it was the man from earlier, before the animatronic - Golden Freddy - had made an appearance.

He was easily 6 foot tall, possibly over. Leaned against the wall, his elbows propped against it and hands on his suit jacket, he stared right back at you. He presented himself in a murky gold waist coat, faded white long sleeved shirt and black slacks. His clothing looked like it hadn't been washed in years; that might've been the case considering the wretched stench lingering in the room.

"Do you see the animatronic?" He asked flatly. His grease-like hair shadowed his face. In your opinion, it was shaggy. This man seriously needed to learn about hygiene and self care...

Gulping, you shook your head, disagreeing.

He pushed himself off of the wall, taking steady steps to you. His lowered his head, still staring as if his eyes were glued to you. "There's your answer."

As he came ever so closer, you took no time to shoot up, standing opposed to your prior sitting position. Focused solely on the aim to get out, you barely hesitated on thrusting your body forward and into a run.

Two arms caught you as your cramp invested legs gave way, leading you straight into the thing you wanted to get away from. The man - who claimed to be THE Golden Freddy - dipped you, pushed you up then twirled you around. You squeaked, your mind now a dizzy mess as he pulled you into his chest, your back to him.

"Now, now," he said in his dangerously calm and quiet, monotonous voice. "Let's not try anything frisky, shall we?"

You grunted and dug your elbows into his torso. He didn't even flinch, instead coiling his freakishly long fingers around your wrists and holding them tightly.
Trapped, once again.

"How dare you claim to be Golden Freddy or whatever his fucking name was when you know damn well that that is impossible?!" You snarled. I am a fighter, you kept telling yourself. And fighters don't lose a battle easily. "Don't be such a liar!"

Closing your glossy (e/c) eyes, you imagined yourself as an angel that couldn't fly; her wings sliced clean off during battle, doomed to walk the earth until the end of her sorrow life. You couldn't escape the hold of this demon. How you wanted to fly again and swoop right out of sight, hiding from your erratic issues.

Clamping his filthy hand over your mouth, he dug his finger nails into the skin of your cheeks. You moaned in pain, twisting to get out of his grip. Grunting, he threw you stumbling forward, kicking the back of your legs. You winced, gasping.

Crashing onto the mattress, you sucked in a breath of air then coughed, lifting yourself slightly and swatting away the disturbed coat of dust. Your reaction times had no chance of keeping in sync with the man's swift, fury filled movements.

With the same roughness as before, he curled his grasp around your ankle and tugged you back. He grabbed the bottom of your shirt, turning you over, then putting a hand to your throat.

Feeling you gulp, he pressed further. "You think you have the authority to call me a lair?" Mused the man. "You are wrong."

You watched him lower, his face nearing your own. His eye lids fluttered and a few strands of his hair fell down in front of his face. 

"For I am Golden Freddy,"

The room blinked white. 

Then your vision was back to normal,

revealing the Golden Freddy animatronic right where your captor was just seconds prior.

_-_--_---_--_-_

[WORD COUNT: 1268]