Part one: The party

The bathroom door shuts behind me with an echoing click, as I stare at my reflection in the mirror.  

I could hear the muffled laughs of my friends from the other side of the door. "You can do it!" They call to me before I hear them shuffling away from the bathroom door and, presumably, back over to the couches where we were all previously sitting, that is, until the game of truth or dare started. 

Of course, we got a bit crazy and none of us wanted to be a chicken and pick truth. We were giving out the most random and stupid dares we could think of, and I just happened to have been stuck with this: Summoning James Charles in your bathroom mirror. 

It was a stupid challenge going around online; it had first popped up on the internet on one of those creepy chat wall sites, but it soon spread around the internet like fire. The rules were at first laughable, but as you got to the lasts few rules, it got a tad bit... different. 

Step one: Make sure the door is locked and closed.

Step two: Turn off all the lights.

Step three: Spin three times and call out his name.

Step four: Pray for your safety and confess your sins.

Step five: Try to get out alive.

I stare down at my hands; they were shaking slightly. 

"Stop shaking dammit, it's just like the bloody mary challenge, but with James freaking Charles!" I say to myself quietly. 

It was just a fake spooky challenge, there has been nothing on the internet saying this would actually work, and if it did, why would anyone be afraid of James Charles? What's he going to do, give me a face full of makeup?

I turn to face the door again and click the lock. 

I hit the light switch and the bathroom goes dark. I turn to face back to the mirror, which is barely visible in the darkness. Step one and two, done. Step three, commence. 

Time to spin in some circles, fun. This was honestly stupid, I thought. As I continued, I got less and less scared, and the more I found this whole thing stupid. I sigh and start to spin around again. With every spin, I call out his name. 

"James Charles,"

"James Charles,"

"James Charles." 

I stare into the mirror; there was nothing. Ha, I knew this was just a joke. 

I go to turn on the lights, but they won't turn on. 

"What the hell?" I mumble to myself in confusion. "Why won't these damn lights turn on?" 

I look back to the mirror. 

Though it was dark, I could see a figure appearing in the mirror. That figure was not my reflection, no; it was someone else. It was like they were on the other side of the mirror, walking closer and closer to me. 

Terrified, I turn to the door. My hands grasp the handle and I try to throw the door open, so I can escape. The door didn't budge. I panic. I try again, slamming my side against the door, but it was pointless; the door stood its ground like it was made out of iron.

I glance back at the mirror... the figure was right there. I scream out. 

James Charles was standing inside of the mirror. 

It was like his presence had lightened up the room, but not in a happy way.  

His pale white skin seemed to glow against the darkness. His smile is huge, his teeth sharp. They looked like demon fangs. His eyes were pure black, they stared at me almost hungrily, like they were ready to grab out my soul and consume it. 

I step backwards in fear. My eyes can't seem to escape his stare. Though I continue to step back, trying to create distance from the mirror, it felt like I was going nowhere. It was as if I was locked in place. 

The mirror glass starts to crack. 

Glass pieces fall from the mirror and onto the ground, sink, and counter. Soon enough, there is a large gaping hole in the mirror. There was nothing separating James and me now. 

I cowered in fear, feeling hot tears well up in my eyes. Oh god, this can't be happening, I think to myself, this isn't real. 

James Charles arm extends from the hole, and his hand wraps tightly around my neck. I scream out for help, my voice trembling with fear as his hand begins to tighten.

"HELP!! PLEASE! ANYONE?? GUYS??!!" 

But no one came. 

James forcibly dragged me into the other side of the mirror, giving me another smile. His grip on my neck tightens.  I could feel wet tears slide down my face, I pray out to the gods, any gods, and beg for help. I don't want to die!

He pulls me closer, and he leans into my ear, I could feel his cold breath against my skin. 

"Hi Sisters!" 

Then everything goes black. 

"D̵̺̬͍̫̻̱̯̠̥͌̿̎́Í̷̪̗̺̮̼̇̑̊͗̓̽̈́̉̚̚͠͝ͅE̴̢̢̳͍̰̖͌̃̓̀͗͐̽̒̚ ̶̼̖̲̕S̵̨̻̲̼͉̞̥̳̦͔͉͙͎̆̐̏̏͆̐̊͛͐̇̋̀͜ͅÏ̸̡̧̨͍̱̠̹̥̰̘̦̦̈́͐̊̓̆ͅŞ̴̗͓̍T̵̺̬̗̖͆͛͛͗̾͆̂͋̈́̆͋̄̋͝E̴̝̣̘͎̗͔̣̙͍̯͛̊̈́̈̌̎̕͝R̵̙̬̗͋̓̂̇͂̃̌́̈̓͂̿̏S̸̨̧̗̙͓̻͈̫̥̱͉͗̄̇̍̓̊̕"