1.1 ᵀᵃˡᵉⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᴾᵃʳᵉⁿᵗ

★✩★

                                           𝚂𝚌𝚘𝚝𝚝'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"I want caramel paint, Daddy!" Ariel says for, I swear to god, the twentieth time since we got out of the house. So far, we've been to five craft stores and we haven't found what she wanted.
"I'm sure we will find it today, peaches." I reassure my seven years old daughter. I actually still can't believe she's seven. Has it really been that long? I watch as she walks over to the paint section, her strawberry blonde curls bouncing behind her exactly like her mother's.
"Maybe it's in the other section?" I suggest trying to hold back my laughter.
She already looked like she gave up but she nodded and walked over to the next section.
"Scott?" A familiar voice calls that leaves me frozen in place. I know that voice almost too well.
When I finally get myself to turn around and look at him, I breath heavily and say "Hey."
"What are you doing here?" He asks.
"I'm the one who should be asking that question. Don't you think? What are you doing here Stiles?" I ask him.
"I-" But before he could finish, Ariel interrupts him.
"Daddy, it's not there! Come on!" Ariel whines.
"I'll be there in a second, sweetheart." I assure her and look back at my long-lost so-called best friend.
"Daddy?" Stiles snickers and I nod. "You have a daughter?" He asks shockingly.
"Yeah." I answer awkwardly.
"Woah dude. What's that like?" He asks and nudges me.
"You really want to know how being a dad feels like?" I ask him.
"Yeah." He shrugs.
"Why don't you help this little one out then?" I ask him. "Ariel, sweetheart, Uncle Stiles is gonna help you find your paint." Hesitantly, I nudge him over to her.
I watch the way they instantly click and eventually regret what I just did.

                              ★✩★

                                            𝚂𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

I watch as the little girl with bright ginger hair looks around the store. She's wearing a pastel green sweater and her mother paired them with grey shorts. Speaking of her mother, is it Kira or Alison? Or maybe my boy Scott finally got over his high school sweethearts.
"I'm looking for caramel paint. Mommy and Daddy and I never find it anywhere." She sighs softly.
I notice how her soft, delicate voice is a little high-pitched and it reminds me of someone. I'm just not sure who..
"Caramel paint you say?" I ask her as she nods. "Well lucky for you, I know exactly where they keep them." I smile as I grab one from the boxes on the corner. Then I quickly hand her her paint.
"Thank you!" She squeals and runs to Scott. He carries her up with one of his hands and walks over to the cashier but I stop him just in time.
"I'm paying. Conisder it a gift." I smile to the beautiful little girl as I pay.
"Thank you but it wasn't necessary." Scott manages to say between gritted teeth.
I'm guessing he's still mad at me. I should've told him I'm leaving instead of running away like that. After all, he is...erm was my best friend.
Scott takes his daughter's hand and they make their way to the car. She's smiling from ear to ear and he looks like he's in the middle of thoughts, just like me.

                              ★✩★

                                            𝙻𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

I sit down on one of the benches in the Ski Rink.
"Kira, I don't know.." I sigh through the phone while glancing at my wedding ring. "I'll call you later. I promise." I end the call.
"Mommy!" Ariel calls out as she runs over to me.
"Hi, bumblebee." I kiss her soft pink cheek. "Quickly grab your sparkly pink skating shoes, we're skiing."
She squeals and runs to the counter.
"We left early in the morning, I didn't want to wake you up." Scott looks up to me and smiles as he puts on his ski shoes.
"It's alright." I give him a quick kiss and pull him into the ski rink.
"You know I can't ski." He laughs.
"And you know I can!" I laugh as I start twirling.
"Wow mommy! You're like an ice princess! Teach me!" Ariel squeals leaning onto the rink.
"Stop showing off, Lydia!" Scott laughs.
"Showing what off? That I'm the talented parent?" I laugh as he rolls his eyes and skis my way.
We spend two hours skiing together. I have to admit, at first I was really upset when everyone left. But now, I am happy. I have a family, a real family, a beautiful daughter and a loving husband and I adore both of them more than anything in the world. This is my life now and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I get out of the shower and wipe my hair with a towel. Then, I toss the towel aside and walk to my bedroom leaving a trail of water droplets on the floor.
"Did you talk to Kira?" Scott asks as he sits on the bed.
"Yeah I did. She invited me to a "reunion party"" I answer as I make my way to the dressing room that's connected to our bedroom.
"Yeah, she mentioned it to me too. I don't really think they know about us or about Ariel." He points out as I bite my lip. "So, are we going?" He asks.
"I don't really know, maybe we should." I say.
"I agree but I gotta warn you, we'll have a surprise guest." He lowers his voice almost like he doesn't want me to listen.
I start putting my red skirt on. "Really? Who?" I ask.
"Stiles." He sighs as I close my eyes and suddenly I'm taken back seven years ago.