Chapter 12- Returning to New York

Start from the beginning

“I saw the day your daughter died, I heard her screams, and I saw your wife’s horrified face when you massacred all those people, all because you couldn’t save her.” My heart hammered in my chest, as I could feel the static electricity grow in the air. I felt the hairs on my arms stand up on end, as the impulses in my body rose to the surface of my skin.

I finally twisted around to face my fate. His chest rose quickly like my own, as his rage grew more evident in his eyes. They were turbulent and twisting between dark grey and silver. His hands were clenched into fists. I could feel the rising EMF in the air as I stood there waiting or hi to make the first move.

“You would have done the same as me in that situation!” he growled, he bared his teeth, as anger consumed him. But before I was able to say a single word, it was like I was thrown back in slow motion. I was thrown upwards, via my mental soled boots.

Everything slowed down. I felt the bronze and silver haze engulf me. It was protecting me; my metal amour was slammed across my body, as my body flipped midair as I countered Magneto’s attack with my own opposing magnetism.

Finally my feet made contact with the ground. My metal soled boots dug up turf and soil as the hell stabbed into the ground. I could feel the weight of my horns on my head, as I rose up from the ground. The bronze and silver faded from sight as I stood there in my asgardien glory.

I looked across the field to see Magneto standing there his palm pushed outwards toward me. He lowered in back to his side, and clenched it back into a fist before turning away from me. He didn’t look back over his shoulder, because he didn’t need too.

“You should leave.” His opinions were all too clear. I twisted around and began to run. My amour cleared away from my body like dust caught in the wind, pulling the metal and fabric away from me and leaving a pair of blue jeans and a long sleeved black shirt and an ivy colored trench coat.

I continued to run away from this place, a safe haven for Mutant kind, but not for anything else, including myself. I rubbed the back of my hand across my lips removing Magneto’s taste. I ran, and there was no stopping me, I didn’t need to rest, I didn’t need to sustenance, all I needed was somewhere away from here.

I conjured my phone and headphones and pushed them into my ears, and pressed play as I sped past the welcoming sign. “Tear the world down by We are the fallen.”

So fitting.

 I was just over eighteen hours away from New York by walking; if I keep running I might make it there in nine hours. I just wanted to be anywhere but here. Hours passed by like minuets, as my determination to run to New York dwindled with the time. Soon I I became weary that it was becoming dark. The last gas station I passed must have been over three hours ago. The wind was harsh as it howled through the trees lining the road. I needed somewhere to stop, somewhere to get out of the dark and out of the harsh autumn weather

I looked over my shoulder, and saw no cars, I then looked forward and saw no cars coming that way either. I was alone on a deserted road. I sighed and pushed the collar of my trench coat up to protect my neck from the harsh winds. I shivered, and kept walking.

The odd car would speed past me; I was miles away from anywhere. Then I heard it, the loud purr of a motorcycle behind me. I looked behind me to see bright lights cutting through the winding trees; soon the purr was more like a roar, as the bike swooped around the bend in the road. I stood there and watched as the bike skidded to a stop in front of me.

I saw the smoldering embers at the end of the cigar that he held between his large wolfish teeth, I also was the pearly white smirk he held. He took in a deep breath causing the embers to brighten a fraction.  He pulled the keys out of the ignition but kept his blinding headlamp on. He stepped away from his bike and stood in front of me. His once bright blue eyes smoldered like sapphires as he stood in front of me.

“What were you thinking bub?” Logan flicked the embers off the end of his cigar as he pulled it from his mouth. I shrugged and pulled my coat tighter around me. How could he not feel that wind? Oh wait he’s wearing a leather jacket.

“I saw Magneto’s past, and I could stop the way I reacted, and this caused him to throw me through the air, and then tell me to leave.” That was the long and short of it. Logan nodded and stepped back onto his bike.

“Well Eric said nothing about the whole throwing you part, he said he acted irrationally but I didn’t think he meant that.” He pushed his keys back into his ignition and revved the engine.

“You getting on?” I looked at him suspiciously. I didn’t not want to go back there just yet.

“Depends on where we’re going.” He raised an eye brown and placed his cigar back between his lips, as he smirked.

“Well Eric asked me to track you down and bring you back, so he could talk to you. But now you’ve told me that he threw you, I think it’s ok if we don’t go back till tomorrow. So where were you heading Liberty?” I smiled at Logan and walked out from the direct light of his head lamp, and slid onto the seat behind him.

“I was heading to New York.” He looked over his shoulder and shrugged, as he puffed gently on his cigar.

“You hoping to see someone?” I shook my head and smiled lightly. If anything I wanted to give them as much space as I could.

“Not really, it’s just, I wanted to get away.” Logan nodded and kicked away the stand. He looked over his shoulder at me again and smirked at me with long canines.

“I would hold on if I were you.” He chuckled loudly as we suddenly we sped off; I was suddenly forced back, I panicked and quickly wrapped my arms around Logan’s body as my heart stammered in my chest. I smiled into his warm leather jacket, as I would soon be returning to New York.