Prolouge

Hi guys... i promised ya'll the prolouge so here it is!!! *gasps* So this prolouge is part of the story and will make an apperance later in another part.

By the way this is my first Ryden fic ever. Rn its leaning more towards a canon/AU mix but I'm writing the next chapters so lets see where Ry and Bren go....

Enjoy!!!!! :)

Prolouge

Ryan P.O.V

I freeze at the door as I enter. There he is. Sitting as if nothing ever happened,all casual. My eyes rake over his body,taking in as much as I can. God,he's gorgeous. I have forgotten exactly how gorgeous he is.

I am strucken by the sight of him,like a hard slap across my face. I walk in slowly and his eyes meet mine briefly,hesitant,and he stands up looking as shaken as I am. It must have taken him guts to come here.

Neither of us can speak. My heart is thumping frantically and my tongue is binded,incapable of producing a sound. I just stare and try to stop myself from collapsing and shaking. He has always had an effect on me. A very powerful one at that.

I glance at him. He's avoiding my direct eye contact. Fucking look at me I mentally plead. The boy I once loved has vanished, a manly stranger replacing him. But I know he's still in there. Some part that circumstance hasn't changed. Some part that is still mine. My Bren.

Everything flashes : old memories,him and me,us together,happy,laughing. But alas here we are ,standing in front of each other,unable to even fucking talk,let alone laugh. He looks unnerved, not bothered by the fact that we are in a room together.I'm struggling to blink back tears and a surge of anger overtakes me. How dare he?? How fucking dare he??"Why are you here?" I snap,feigning annoyance,but my heart breaks with every passing second. He looks up at me,those beautiful brown eyes of his meeting mine. My heart beat starts to race,getting faster and faster. Pathetic,I'm fucking pathetic.

" I..well...um we need to talk." ,he stammers,his carefree ignorant facade fading,his mask dissolving. I knew it, I knew that it affected him too. He's not that great an actor,although he has fooled and tricked me countless times before.

I forget how husky and deep his voice is. How he used to whisper my name in the middle of the night,how we would talk for hours,about everything,about nothing. Recollections & memories.

But I promised myself. I promised.

I realise he's been waiting for me to answer him. He fidgets ,his fingers constantly moving,legs tapping on the ground,

" There's nothing to talk about ." My voice breaks and I'm angry and annoyed at how vunerable I am in front of him. Always him. "Ryan," he says,his voice a fraction louder than a whisper. He looks at me again,eyes searching my face. No, I am not going to make the same mistake twice. Not again.    It takes every inch of myself to convince my mouth to ask him to leave.

"Ryan ,please." he pleads, his eyes burning into mine . I almost give in.

"No Brendon..leave,just leave please." I sound weary. I can't deal with this right now. Just as I am repairing myself,recovering from the wounds he caused,he appears again. My heart feels like it has shattered again,when it was so close to being in a single peice again. Just the sight of him,his voice,him.

It breaks me. He breaks me.

He always has.

So yeah that was it.. ik its short but chapters will be longer...

Idk exactly when I will be updating but I might post my schedule on my instagram page so check that out  @forehead.at.the.disco. Message me for anything else!!!

Thanks for reading!!! :)