Chapter 17

Jungkook POV

As my professor finally dismisses class, I don't even bother trying to be quick to get out of class. I know I've got to stay over time, needing to get the work that he's gone the extra step for me to produce just to prove that I really want to be in this class. So, instead of rushing to get the hell out of here, I simply take my time in putting my notebook and other materials away in my bag. By the time I'm standing up and slinging my bag over my shoulder, majority of the room is already empty, and I'm one of few left in the room when I trudge my way over to our professor that's still sat in the front of the lecture hall.

I try not to look so absolutely dead despite how much I'm feeling it right now, trying to be as lively as possible as I approach my professor. Giving him a nervous smile when I finally reach his desk, he returns a tiny one as he turns away from me to grab something from his bag. When he faces me once more, he's got a small stack of papers in his hand.

"I want these back by Thursday next week. I'll inform you that following Friday as to whether or not you'll be allowed to stay in my class. Now be on your way." He informs me quietly as he hands over the papers. I simply nod and bow, taking the worksheets from him before turning and walking away.

I manage to stuff the papers into my bag on my way to the door, already knowing it's going to be another day of missing lunch since I couldn't get out of here in time. I let out a soft sigh at the thought, knowing Jiminie hyung would be disappointed to know this, trying not to hang my head too low as I exit the lecture hall. Though, I'm surprised when I find my hyung himself stood outside the classroom, leaned up against the wall off to the side. I find myself tearing up at the sight of him standing there, my lips quivering already.

He seems to sense my presence though, looking up from his phone as I end up simply standing here in surprise like an idiot. Not unlike what I necessarily expected, he grows worried when he sees my expression, hurrying to my side and wrapping and arm around my waist.

"Kookie, what's going on? What happened?" Jimin questions in a gentle tone. However, I can't manage to find the words, not exactly caring to explain the simple fact that it had been him simply stood there waiting that evoked this emotion as I wrap my arms around him and bury my face into the crook of his neck. I hear him sigh softly at this, kissing the side of my head as he rubs my back gently.

"It's gonna be okay, little Kookie. I'm here, remember? You're not alone. You're not gonna do this alone. I'm here to help and take care of you, remember? Everything's gonna be okay." Jimin coos softly in my ear as he holds me, seeming to have figured out just what exactly has caused me to get all emotional the way I am now. I whimper quietly at this, shaking my head in response.

"But it's not. It's not, hyungie. I'm never gonna be able to do any of this." I mumble sadly against him, my mind not only focusing on my schoolwork but also on Taehyung and wondering why the hell seeing him with Yoongi hyung bothers me so much.

"You're gonna be able to do it, Kookie. I know you and you're so much smarter than what you give yourself credit for. Okay? I'll even help you to make sure that it all gets done and that you get the credit for it. Okay? It's all gonna work itself out, Kookie. I'm here for you and I'm gonna help you get through this." Jimin murmurs softly, kissing the top of my head. I pout, pulling away from him a bit as I look down at him. He merely smiles though, ruffling my hair lightly.

"I promise. Now come on. We gotta get some food in you before your next class and we gotta find a place to sit." Jimin tells me with a small smile, rubbing my back gently. I bite my lip at this, simply nodding as I know I've got no chance of getting out of this completely.