one. actor ambush

one. actor ambush

Being an actor and being a singer were both jobs that didn't allow much privacy. Though Charlotte was only up-and-coming in the world of Hollywood while Tom had already released a high-selling albums and a number of top-ten hits with his band, they were both plagued by intrusions into their personal life.

Few and far in between were quiet moments like this one, where they had laughed to tears to a movie on their birthday and were now excitedly chatting about it on their walk home.

Charlotte was hugging the large can of popcorn they had forgotten about during the movie, and were slowly finishing off as they walked toward their apartment. It was theirs, only theirs; their name on the lease and on the doorbell next to the main entrance into the building.

Tom slurped on his slushie - his tongue was as red as Deadpool's suit - as he unlocked the front door, the two quieting their conversation as it was late at night and they didn't want to upset their neighbours. They were still new to the building, and both well-raised young people; they didn't want any trouble.

Charlotte closed her eyes and leaned her head onto her brother's shoulder as the elevator ascended, the boy briefly answering the texts he had received while they were in the cinema, from his band mates about practice that weekend.

When the elevator dinged, Tom shrugged, and Charlotte woke up instantly, dragging her feet out the small room and to their apartment. She yawned as she unlocked the front door, sleep finding a good opportunity to press down on her with the calming of her attitude and the lack of sounds around her.

But it dissipated into thin air in the next second, when Charlotte turned on the lights and numerous figures jumped out shouting. She screamed in true superhero fashion, jumping back and letting her popcorn fall to the floor as she buried her face into her palms, turning around to hide in her brother's chest.

The singer cussed, having dropped his empty slushie cup in order to hold Charlotte.

"I was attacked." Charlotte pushed herself away to shout at her friends, referring to a scene in Iron Man 2. She sighed, moving forward to be embraced by Chris, followed by Jonathan, Melissa, Jamie, Carlisle and the rest of the Valentine and Theatre Team, "You nearly gave me a heart attack, Jesus Christ."

"We wanted to help you celebrate your birthday." Beth shrugged.

"Yeah, you're getting big now and who knows how many birthdays you'll miss out on." Jonathan explained, "With us, I mean."

"Hopefully, all of them." Charlotte scoffed, earning a chorus of boo's from the crowd.

* * *

Valentine played a bit for them, but mostly ballads, since they didn't want the party to be interrupted by the police (who knows how many cranky grandmas lived next door).

A 'happy birthday' was sang, and a cake was brought out - or rather two cakes; large gingerbread people decorated to look like the twins, but given that Tom had nearly as much hair as Charlotte, the two could barely be differentiated from each other.

They played Twister - because spin the bottle was too American - which ended in several people pretzels, and in the end retired to the pull out couch, armchairs and sleeping bags as PJ set up a movie. They hadn't reached half of it and everyone was already asleep, only Charlotte was awake.