CHL: Chapter Ten

Trace Alexei Kedyanin

Lyev.

All this time, it was him.

All this time, it was Nikolai Lyev Baranov. 

The first time I ever talked to him. 

I caught a football that one of my friends, Drew, threw at me and I threw it back without looking, hearing a loud screech as someone fell. I tilted my head, running over to the boy who had seemed to have fallen and I noticed that he was clenching his head. He was hurt and I had done it. I reached down and grabbed his head, kissing all over the spot. My mom always told me that kissing booboo's helped make it stop hurting. "I'm sorry!" I murmured, feeling truly sad as I wiped his tears away.

He had pretty eyes. One was blue and the other was grey. He looked like he would be a really nice person to talk to. He was sitting by himself so I was going to be his friend. He smiled up at me as I helped him up, noticing that he was shorter than me. Drew stomped away as I started to talk to the boy and I furrowed my brow, wondering why he was mad. "It's okay," The pretty boy looked around, seeing that it was just me so I told him my name. "I'm Trace," I smiled gently. "What's your name?" I asked as he looked up at me. He let out a laugh. "My name is Nikolai." I beamed, internally grimacing as it sounded too long of a name. 

"What's your middle name?" I questioned with a hint of curiosity, watching as he stood, dusting his pants off. He seemed like he was older than me but it didn't matter. "It's Lyev. Why?" He replied and I mentally fist bumped myself. It was a shorter name. "I'll call you Lyev," I grabbed his waist, hoisting him in the air. "We're going to be the best of friends!" He laughed as I swung him around, vowing that I would never leave his side. 

The first time we had a birthday party together.

"Don't be mad because I'm a year older than you," Lyev stuck his tongue out, looking awfully stupid with his party had. "Just be happy that you're taller than me. Who knows? Maybe I'll grow to be taller than you." He wiggled his nose and I rolled my eyes, hating all the attention on us. We were in the pack crown room, sitting at a very large table with a giant cake in front of us. One side was chocolate marble, per the request of Lyev, and my side was strawberry. Only cool people got to eat the strawberry cake. 

I was turning 8 and there was a big number candle with 8 tiny candles around it on my side of the cake. Lyev was turning 9 so he had a big number candle with 9 little ones. "Happy birthday Trace and Nikolai," I read out loud, smirking at him. "At least I come first," I let out a laugh and he pinched me, his cheeks flaring up angrily. "Hey! I'm important too!" He stuck out his tongue at me once again, pictures being taken left and right as he hugged me, biting on my ear like some crazed animal.

"You loser!" I screeched, using a finger to scrape some icing off of the cake and I flicked it onto his nose. "Take that!" He pouted as he leaned over, mushing his face into my cheek so icing dripped all over. "Boys!" The Luna, Svetlana, looked at us apprehendingly and we turned to face each other, eyes widened before we looked back at her, busting out laughing simultaneously.  "Happy birthday, Tracey Trace! We're going to have more birthdays together, Trace! We're going to be together forever." Lyev beamed and I smiled, agreeing. The idea always sounded great to me because he really was my best friend.

The first time we cuddled.

"That movie was scary!" 16-year-old Nikolai Baranov stood in the doorway of his room cowering and shivering, jumping at the slightest sounds that I made. He took off his pants and shirt, sliding under his blue covers next to me. "I'm turning the light off now so you might want to hide," I smirked evilly as he hit me, reaching over to turn off the lamp. Then we were faced with utter darkness in the room, many things hidden beyond sight. "Trace?" I heard a whimper and turned to the warm body next to me. "What's good, shithead?" I looked, hoping that my eyes didn't glow. "Can you," Lyev huffed and I inched closer to him in this king bed.