Chapter 10 The Trial

The next morning Remus woke up again with his Pup laying on his chest, but he did not care he loved that little boy with all his heart. He could not love that boy more even if he was his real father. He was nervous about today. Today is the day that will change his life forever. Today is Sirius's trial, today he will find out if his best friend his lover is the reason that his other two brothers, and his beautiful sister in law were gone. That can wait for now. Now his Pup was sleeping and all he could do now was smile.

It was not that long that Harry woke. They ate a simple but nice breakfast. Harry I was wondering if you would do me a big favor. In a little bit Grandma is coming to visit I need you to show her our new home. Can you do that for me? Sure Uncle Moo'y .

Well Ihave to go out for a few hours, when I get back we can have dinner with Grandma. With that they was a small pop and Elena Lupin appeared right in the kitchen.

Remus and Harry said at the same time, HI Mom Hi Grandma. Well Harry why don't you hang out with Grandma I have to get ready.

With that Remus went upstairs to get ready. 10 minutes later he came back down all ready and found his Mom and son in the kitchen laughing and having great fun cleaning the dishes the muggle way.

Well guys I'm off. Harry ran to Remus and he picked him up in flash gave him a big hug and a kiss and said be good for Grandma Pup. I will Uncle Moo'y. His Mom walked over kissed his cheek and said everything will be ok and she took Harry from him and stepped back.

See you guys soon and he apparated to the Ministry of Magic for the trial. Albus was waiting for him outside the courtroom.

Hi Albus how are you?

Good my boy how are you?

Not that good Albus I'm so scared. If everything goes wrong today it will just kill me, and I just know Harry will ask about him again and I can't tell him that his other Godfather is the reason why he will ever know his parents. I just can't.

Just relax Remus whatever happens in they you will be able to deal with it. Remember you are a Gryffindor, you are very very brave and can handle anything.

Thanks Albus that means a lot. I know this needs to happen for Sirius Harry and myself.

Ok Remus I need to tell what's gonna happen today. We will go in and they will call court will come to order. Then Moody will bring Sirius in and chain him to the chair in the middle of the room. Moody will then give him the Veritaserum. Sirius will looked very spaced out. They will ask him questions considering the night James and Lily died and the day after. After that Moody will take Sirius out of the room. The Minister will revere everything and once he has his ruling. Moody will bring Sirius back in, and the Minister will give his ruling and it will all be done.

As Albus was talking he was getting more and more nervous. So nervous after Albus was done speaking he ran to a garbage can and lost his breakfast. Albus went over to him and started rubbing his back and just keep saying everything will be ok.

Remus stood up again took the handkerchief from Albus wiped his mouth, and said it's now or never and they walked into the courtroom.

The courtroom was not that big , maybe 50 people including the prisoner. Court was called to order. Then Remus saw Moody bring Sirius his lover his best friend into the room and chained him to the chair in the middle of the room. Remus could not believe his eyes.

His best friend once prized himself as very good looking man with perfect hair. Now he was a mere shell of the man he was. He had pure terror in his eyes. He was looking around the room at stopped dead in his tracks when he spotted Remus. He did not smile physically, but there was a little less terror in his eyes. Remus gave him a small smile.