Chapter 0: Proloque

Start from the beginning

   Most of my time at school is spent reading. When someone is reading it tends to tell other people to leave them alone. Although I do read for the sake of being alone, It's not the only reason I read. Reading is actually one of the only thing I find interest in as it can introduce worlds and realities that are much more riviting than the one I live in. Ah... Well I also found kendo interesting, but I was kicked off our schools kendo team because of my lack of spirit and the fact that I wouldn't show up for many of the practices. Although I didn't show up to practices all too much, I was quite good at kendo and if I would have put more time into it I could have been one of the top in the country. At least that's what my old kendo instructor told me.

Done with my morning routine I walk down my stairs and head into the kitchen where I find my family eating breakfast

"Geez big brother you're so slow.. No wonder you can't get a girlfriend"

  The person who said that sly remark and called me big brother is my step brother, Chiaki Nori, a 3rd year junior high school student at Atarashiki Bo Junior High school. Despite his appearance, he is undoubtedly male. Like his mother he has dark blue hair that reaches down just above his shoulders and pure Sapphire eyes. He likes to pull pranks on me and tease me all the time. He says it's mostly because he wants to see me react just once, but I think it's because he's just a natural troublemaker.

"Don't tease him Chiaki, he's still young"

   The one who defended me is Sakata Nori, my step mother. She's around 36 years old with very mature features. Her and my dad got married when I was around 9-years old. Sakata is a very calm and compassionate person that always tries her best to keep both me and Chiaki properly nourished and healthy. She manages a tough job in a large business firm. Works sixty hours a week.

"Now come on and eat Makoto your breakfast is gonna get cold"

Sitting down I eat begin my breakfast.

While eating I look up to see Chiaki moving a piece of his breakfast towards my face

"Say Ah~"

Grabbing his chopsticks out of his hand I put his food back on his plate, which in turn, makes Chiaki pout.

"Big brother~ when are you just gonna give in"

Fed up I flicked him in the head which made him pout even more

"Just hurry up and eat your food. We don't want to be late for school"

"But big brother~"

"I'm so happy you two get along so well"

I sweatdropped

"I wouldn't really call it getting along...."

Once done with breakfast I grab my school bag and start heading for the door

"Wait for me big brother Makoto!"

Just before I could leave I'm stopped by Chiaki. Turning around, for the first time, I noticed what he is wearing.

"Where's your uniform?"

"I'm wearing It."

"Won't you get In trouble for wearing the wrong uniform?"

"Yea, but-"

Chiaki does a twirl into a feminine pose

"- doesn't this just make your heart skip a beat."

   What Chiaki is wearing is the Female junior high school uniform. The design is that of a sailor fuku style, but instead of the standard white blouse it's a red color with black sailor-style collar and black pleated skirt. 

"Like that would happen because of my little brother" I said as I flick his head

"Ow~ Big brother's so mean~"

   After dropping Chiaki off at the junior high school I make haste to the high school building. Outside at the entrance of the school building there is a plurality of people bustling towards the school. Each and every person is In a conversation with one another.
                                        ***
   The day goes the same as always with little to no interaction with other people. Once school ends I head to the library to checkout a couple books. While on my way out of the school I notice it's raining. Luckily for me I've brought an umbrella. everybody should  know to keep an umbrella with them in the spring.

"Ah I guess not everyone...:"

When passing the junior high school I see Chiaki standing underneath one of the many maple trees that sits outside the school entrance walls. He's never been the brightest.

Noticing me, Chiaki runs over towards me

"Ah! Big brother let me under your umb-"

"No"

Tring to ignore Chiaki, I keep walking

"W-wait! You wouldn't leave your cute little brother out in the cold would you!?" Screams a pouting Chiaki 

"Should have brought an umbrella"

"B-Big brother don't keep walking!" Chiaki then grabs my arm " I-I'll do all the chores for the next week!"

"Hmm" It would be nice to have more free time to read my newly acquired books "fine, fine just get off me"

Annoyed, I push Chiaki off me and we begin to walk home together. Oddly, he seems happy. 

Midway home I notice Chiaki slowly and slowly inching closer to me as we walk.

"Too close" I said as I push Chiaki's face away from me

"Come on big brother~ Don't you want to bond"

I keep pushing Chiaki's face away from me as he keeps trying to get close to me

"Not with a boy"

*Honk*Honk*

   Hearing a loud honk I turn my face towards the source of the noise. As I'm turning I'm hit with something moving at a fast speed and it throws me about 10 feet from where I once stood into a lamp post. Hitting the ground I watch as blood slowly pours out of my body. Trying to move my legs, I notice one of my legs are bent unnaturally towards my dislocated right arm and the other leg is considerably flattened.

   Turning my head I see Chiaki on the other side of the street not moving. His arm twisted and a considerably large pool of blood spreading across the concrete. Looking closer I can see there's a big crevice in his head and his one eye is halfway popped out of the socket.

*Gulg*

I try to call out to him but I can't get the words out as it feels my throat Is filled with blood.

With my remaining strength I watch as people rush towards us while some even record with their smartphones.

Slowly my eyes start to close and I fade into darkness.