Chapter 26 ~ Mila

Start from the beginning

“What’s that?” I inquired hoping some deep answer.

“He has a Bentley Continental. You shall marry him because of that.”

And I burst into a fit of laughter. Why couldn’t my friend be serious for ten minutes in a row? She laughed with me and I thanked her for that. The topic was getting too serious. Even though her previous words stayed with me.

Maybe I should stop fighting against my feelings and what I wanted. I had to enjoy and live the moment and hope for the best. Maybe Zayn and I were destined to something intense yet ephemeral, or maybe to something deep and lasting. Who knew? If I wanted to know, I had to give it a try.

+ + + + +

I walked into the kitchen and seven pairs of eyes stared at me. Like any normal person, I immediately felt self-conscious and wanted to run away and hide where no one could see me, but as I started to step back I crushed into someone. I turned around and saw Harry smiling sheepishly at me, his curls a perfect mess and his eyes shining with malice.

Ugh…

“So, did you have fun last night?” He asked and I heard the murmurs at my back.

“It was nice,” I replied shyly. I didn’t like to be cornered and Harry was looking at me so intently. It was intimidating.

“I saw that… I had a very smiley Zayn for the same reason last night,” he commented and my heart did this little flip-flop in my chest at the mention of his name. I was reacting like a silly girl, but I couldn’t help it. “And talking about my roommate, you might try to wake him up. I bet he won’t get up all moody if it’s you the one who wakes him up.”

“You’re sending Mila so you don’t have to do the dirty job,” Alex commented from behind and I chuckled softly.

“He’ll hit me in the balls again if I try to wake him up!” Protested the curly-haired boy and I started full laughing. “Please, Mila! Wake him up, pretty please! My balls and I will be much grateful if you do.”

“He can’t hit you in the balls,” Louis added and I looked at him over my shoulder still laughing. He had a point.

“Okay. If he hurts me someway, I’ll have Moni to cut your balls. Got it?” I threatened him pointing at him with my finger at the same moment Moni walked in.

“Can’t I cut them already? I’ll be doing the world a favour if you think about it,” my friend said walking past Harry who looked terrified. He covered himself, his eyes wide opened and a look of sheer panic in his emerald eyes.

“What’s wrong with you? Why does everybody hate my balls?” He complained and I just laughed. I walked pass him patting his shoulder a couple of times in a sympathetic way.

“You might like to get them insured,” I advised as I walked away still laughing.

I went slowly to the room Zayn and Harry shared during our days in the bungalow. My heart was hammering in my chest at the thought I was going to see him. After my conversation with Moni the night before, he haunted all my dreams with oh so many possibilities. I woke up not knowing if it was good or bad to have him so present in my mind.

I opened the door slowly and the first thing I saw was Zayn lying on the bed hugging the duvet tightly, his face buried in the pillow. I stepped closer whilst a smile started to form on my lips. The shadow of a beard darkened his features making him look manlier yet he looked so adorable while sleeping, oblivious to the world around him. I kept looking at his eyelashes for a moment, wondering how he could have so luscious eyelashes that made his eyes look so beautiful.

Slowly, I kneeled next to his side of the bed wondering what could I do to wake him up without having him trying to attack me for that.

I decided to be gentle.

I ran my fingers through his messy hair enjoying the silky texture. “Zayn, time to wake up,” I whispered still stroking his hair softly.

His eyelids fluttered a bit but he was still reluctant to wake up. “C’mon, Zayn. Everyone is waiting for you downstairs,” I insisted and his eyelids fluttered open this time. I smiled at him and when his eyes finally focused on me, a smile appeared on his face.

“Mila,” he whispered with his morning voice and I just felt butterflies going crazy in my stomach whilst a shiver went down my spine.

“Morning, sleepy head,” I told him just realising that I still had my hand in his hair. I tried to pull it away but he stopped me by putting his own hand over mine and then he tangled our fingers together.

“Morning,” he said still in that deep and husky morning voice. “First time I’m glad to wake up,” he added and I felt my heart melting.

“Harry sent me. He said you’d hit him in the balls again if he tried to wake you up,” I said a tad bit shyly.

“I don’t like waking up in the morning,” he commented, his eyes still on me as he moved our hands in front of his lips. His thumb started to caress my skin and I was literally dying internally in that moment. He was driving my hormones crazy. “But today is different.”

“Because I don’t have balls for you to hit?” I asked and he laughed which only made him look cuter. I shouldn’t be there, my ovaries couldn’t take it.

“Not exactly. It’s because you were the first thing I saw. If that’s not a good way to wake up, then I don’t know what would be one,” said the black-haired boy and I felt my cheeks burning.

“You’re very flirty in the morning, aren’t you?” I inquired and he chuckled softly.

“Maybe it’s because my brain is still a tad bit sleep and I don’t have filter so I say all what I think of,” he ventured and I just rolled my eyes. “I’m telling the truth!” Complained Zayn pulling my hand to bring me closer. “Seriously.”

“Well, maybe you’re too sleepy and that’s why you think it’s great to being woken up by me,” I suggested arching an eyebrow and he chuckled again.

“You can’t accept a compliment, can you?” I just shook my head with a mischievous smile and he laughed.

“Okay, get up ‘cos everyone’s waiting for you. Don’t ask me why they want you awake, I’m just following orders. Now I’ll leave you so you can dress up.”

I pulled away and stood up, turned on my heels ready to walk out of the room but I heard him struggling with the duvet and before I could take another step, I felt Zayn’s hand on my wrist keeping me from walking. He pulled me and made me turn around to face him; before I could say something, he grabbed me by the neck and pulled me for a kiss.

“I just needed a good morning kiss to make this perfect,” he said with his lips still brushing mine. “Confirmed. Best way to wake up,” he concluded with a smile finally letting me go and stepping back.

I just laughed softly shaking my head as I turned on my heels and walked away.

Silly Zayn.

-:-:-:-

Oh, oh, oh! I've been on wattpad for 5 months now! So thank you to all my readers and 5,700+ fans! I'll never get tired of saying this: It has been one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. Thank you all!

Bel, xx!