III

Gwen helps braid Ava's messy curls. A difficult task, but it's too hot to have her hair down.

"What do you think of Arthur's new servant?" The handmaid asks.

"I don't know yet."

Yesterday, the hunting party returned with a huge boar and new person. Apparently this man saved Arthur and now he is the prince's new servant. Of course the prince wants the unknown man working for him. The guy keeps worshipping the ground Arthur walks on.

However, he makes her uncomftorable. Something about him is off putting. Plus Morgana's nightmares have started once again, so something must be about to happen. Gwen finishes the braid, placing a bright yellow flower behind Ava's ear.

"Thank you."

"Anytime. Now I think you should eat your breakfast."

She looks at the food spread on her table.

"Would you care to join me? I couldn't finish it myself."

"I couldn't-"

"Please. I insist."

The two women sit down at the table, eating the food laid out before them. Both of them don't say anything, just eat. Morgana eventually enters, sitting down with the other two girls.

"I bet a certain someone would like the flower," the dark hair lady teases. "If he ever gets finished with his chores."

"I thought it would be a nice touch," Gwen smiles. Morgana picks up a roll and the three ladies eat and gossip. The main topic being Morgana's recent dreams. She is seeing a crow attacking. Since she is taking the sleeping draught, it must be her visions. Though none of the three will just say what it is. No one wants a passerby to hear that and tell the king. Morgana is too precious to put in danger.

"Why don't we do something outside?" Ava offers, glancing out the windows. She needs to move. Plus, it's too nice to remain indoors.

"Why?" The dark hair maiden chuckles. "So you can challenge every knight to how you can beat them?"

"Actually no. Uther has requested I stop doing things like that. I was thinking more along the lines of horse back riding."

They quickly agree and the three ladies head down towards the stables. That's when a white mare starts flying towards the women. Ava picks up her skirt just a bit, managing to jump onto the mare's bare back. She pulls gently one the snowy mane, using it to tell the creature to hault. Everyone near the area help stop all the other horses from escaping. Ava gently rubs the neck of the horse before sliding off.

At this point, Arthur and his new manservant has joined the small crowd that is forming. The prince walks in the stables, closely followed by Ava and the new man. Laying in the stables is Merlin, who seems to be waking from a nap. The moment he sees all who is there, he scrambles to his feet. Some dung is stuck to his face. Arthur starts yelling at the young sorceror about falling asleep on the job.

"My highness," the new man interupts. "Merlin probably needs some rest."

Arthur thinks for a moment, processing what he just heard.

"Yes. Go home and get some rest."

"But-"

"Now Merlin. That's an order."

The prince and new servant exits, leaving the lady and the sorceror alone.

"I didn't mean to-"

"I know Merlin. You probably do need some sleep though."

"Maybe, but Cedric is setting me up. There was some odd smell before I passed out."

"Then we need to keep an eye on him. First you need to wash your face."

"I'll meet you in your room."

"Bath first."

A smirk grows on his face as he goes to hug the red head. She lets out a small squeal before hurrying out of the small building. The other two had already left, most likely leaving her to deal with Merlin on her own. She walks through the castle, exchanging nods with people she passes. Eventually she ends up in her chambers. She sits on her couch, waiting. Waiting for Merlin to arrive here.