Redrum!?

Police were on the scene, along with an Ambulance taking in his body after rapping it in whatever they wrap dead bodies with. (Y/N) was standing outside looking in the kitchen through the front door trying to see what they were going to do with the blood. Instead she saw two police officers inspecting the room.

"Lieutenant Anderson?"
"Yeah?"
"It's time to go, they're here to clean the blood."
"This doesn't look like blood, Bryan."
"Blood should be thicc... this substance looks more... less thicc than actual blood."
"What are you saying, Lieutenant?"
The officer kneeled down by the puddle, got two fingers, put them in the puddle, and licked the odd substance.
"What the hell are you doing?! That's-"
"Lamb sauce..."
"Lamb sauce? Odd... I'll tell the others."
"Good. I'll be there in a bit."

The officer walked off to tell the news to the other officers, while Anderson stood behind.
Lamb sauce? Who on earth leaves lamb sauce on a crime scene? And... what happened to the blood?
Anderson then got a bad aftertaste.
"Oh, there it is."

Shrek POV

I walked up to (Y/N), she had tears in her eyes and she was a mess. I put my arm on her shoulder and looked at her.
"I'm sorry for your loss."
"I-It's not y-your fault, Shrek."
"What did they say?"
"W-Well... there were no signs of- of a break-in, I... overheard officers talking about the "blood" and it tasted like... lamb sauce."
"Lamb sauce?"
"Yeah... if there wasn't any signs of a break-in, then, I have no idea how they got in."
She hugged me and started to cry, I could tell she was getting scared and thinking she might die next.
"How about you live with me til you feel safe enough to go back in."
"R-really? I couldn't... what about Donkey?"
"Oh he moved out a few weeks ago. Him and his dragon wife got a house of their own so I'm pretty much by myself, though the fairytale creatures come by time to time."
"Thank you... By the way, we'll be having a funeral on Sunday at the cemetery not too far from here. Can you come?"
"Of course."
We both smiled. After everyone left, (Y/N) got a bag with all her clothes and whatever she needed and came with me on an onion carriage to my swamp.
I showed her to the room Donkey used to use, but now that he's gone, it was all hers.
"Thank you again, Shrek."
"No problem. I'll be in the living room if you need me."
"Okay."

Once I got in the living room, I panicked! (In the disco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) She's actually in my home! SHES IN MY SWAMP!! Maybe once the Thomas thing passes... I can ask her to be mine! All mine! But I have to give her some time, her husband DID just die, she must be devastated.

~somewhere in a very fancy kitchen~

"Finally... after all these years... the mayor's daughter will be mine... I HAVE LOCATED THE LAMB SAUCE!!"

-end of book 2-