"I do have to warn you, if you pick a friend or a partner that won't do their work or if both of you are the type not to do so, then I wish you luck with getting a passing grade." The mood around the room fell a bit, but we all quickly snapped out of it. Those who knew who they were were too excited to do anything about it or take the advice. It would show in the projects, I guess.

Dean walked back to his seat, letting the conversation continue behind him until he was sitting down comfortably in his chair.

“I will be going down the list of names and asking you about who your partner is. Once you have one, you will choose which type of vampire you will be doing your project on. Because each type has very distinct differences, it is important that you research properly and don’t give me another type of vampire’s information.” He announced, sliding on a pair of sexy glasses and bringing a paper in front of himself. “Alright, Kaitlyn, who’s your partner?”

And the list continued, name after name being called and that and their partner’s name being crossed off the list. I sat up straight, mentally preparing myself for one form of public speaking when my name was next on the list.

Dean looked up, his eyes momentarily landing on me before quickly moving to Sam.

“Samantha, who is your partner?” My mouth actually fell open when Dean asked Samantha instead of me. He was avoiding speaking to me. Why?

Samantha looked up, slightly startled, and glanced between Dean and I. She was just as confused as I am but bit her lip and spoke anyway.

“Uh, Sebastian, Mr. McCain.” She told him, still looking between him and I.

Dean nodded and went to cross off our names. He also asked her what type we wanted and after we chose, he quickly moved onto the next name.

Sam looked at me and I could practically feel the question that she desperately wanted to ask.

What’s going on?

“I don’t know.” I verbally replied despite the fact that she hadn’t actually asked. Sam was not surprised by the fact that I knew what she wanted to ask, instead, she simply nodded and otherwise avoided the subject.

While I did wish that we could talk about it so I could have a better idea about what was happening, I understood. It is my relationship and my problem so it is my job to figure it out with Dean.

That would have to wait, though. Right now, the two of us needed to organize how we would handle this project as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I kept glancing over at Dean as I worked. I couldn’t help it. He was not only my boyfriend but my mate. But, the desire was amplified by every instance that I did so and he was not looking back.

What was that about?

Sam and I ended up making good progress and by the time that the bell rang, we were feeling confident about our project. Sam quickly made her way to the door while I walked up to Dean’s desk.

I was fairly close when he looked up and for the first time today, met my eyes. The discovery was disappointing, though, because he quickly frowned and shook his head. He didn’t want me to talk to him?

I nodded solemnly, leaving the room as calmly as possible. None of the students in this classroom or Dean could know how sad or boiling mad I was. I would keep it contained and nurtured wonderfully so I would release it all on Dean when it was time.

With that happy thought, I found myself smiling as I exited the classroom. The promise of vengeance always calmed me down.

~~~~~