twelve - vii

i feel like drowning
Windowpane- Mild High Club

I was almost too entranced by the surroundings 'til I heard a loud honk. "Hey, daydreams over, hipster! C'mon!" Chloe called out of her truck, I smiled and went over to her I hopped in her truck and she started to head somewhere

"So? What's up?" Chloe started, I fidget with my fingers a bit and let out an exasperated sigh, "I don't know. Things are so god damn weird."

"I hear ya. I still don't know what to do with all this, I mean, it's cool and all but bruh, how can you even handle?" Chloe started to go off. I nod, even though I was thinking about something else. That god damn dream.

"Yo," Chloe snapped her fingers in front of me, I looked at her and she looked at me funny, "you okay there, bud?" She asked, I shook my head, knowing Chloe would just pry until I speak up. "I had an awful nightmare last night." I paused for a bit. Chloe seemed to be interested, so I continued. "It was about someone taking photos of me. They had me tied up all mangled and bruised." I choked out as I felt tears start to prickle my eyes. "Hey, hey, you don't have to tell me-"

"No, let me finish." I interrupt Chloe. I needed to get this off my chest, I just need to. "They told me I'd be in their portfolio, and then I saw Nathan and this girl in the junkyard. It was all so hazy and shit, girls started to beg me for her and- and then someone said, I'd end up just like her." Hot tears started to trickle down my cheeks. Who could do something so fucking vile?

"Damn, (Y/n). You think that means something?" Chloe apparently stopped at the side of the road and waited for my response. "I think so. It felt so real." I wiped my tears away with my sleeve and slumped on her truck's seat. "It's just fucking wild, man."

"Yeah, especially with Prescott. Why'd he show up?" Chloe scoffed, more annoyed with the fact Nathan was there. "Maybe I've been around him a little too much?" 

"You seriously hang out with that psycho? I'd tail outta that if I were you. He's crazy!" Chloe warned, I just let out a snort and shook my head.

"Yep, a total nut job." 

"Oh, what happened with him? Told me you'd tell me." Chloe suddenly remembered, I scrunched my nose at the thought of breakfast with him.

"That fucking dickhead woke me up to get breakfast! Then some druggie looking ass, uh, Franco? I don't know, he came up and started talking about dog breeds! Like bro, IT WAS 5 FUCKING A.M. WHAT THE HELL?" I started to rant, just thinking about it was frustrating enough.

"Oh, it didn't end there, though. We actually had some nice conversation for once but god damn he just knows how to squeeze my balls! I just wanted to fucking sleep and that sorry ass went ahead and annoyed me! Un-fucking- Ugh!" I finished, shoving my face to my palms. I heard Chloe let out a small laugh.

"Dude, you should totally buck out of that. You're getting so worked up!" Chloe suggested, which was honestly not that bad, but Nathan was still fun to be with, he just needs a f-

"Or maybe ya got a soft spot for the angry little bastard?" She teased, I rolled my eyes at this and told her to shut up. "Sorry, haha, but, going back to that drug dealer... do you mean Frank?" Chloe asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah, Frank. He was weird as shit, he also mentioned Nathan only hangs with Victoria, what a sad sa-"

"Did he say something important? Like, maybe about Rachel Ambers?" She interjected, I shook my head, knowing about the girl but she was never brought up to the conversation. Chloe tightened her lips. We sat in silence for a good while before she spoke up again, her tone hesitant, "Listen, I know it's a big request, but could you ask Nathan to ask Frank about Rachel?"