Chapter 1: Prince Charming

"Ella! Don't forget I'm going on another trip and you're going to need to fend for yourself for another couple of weeks," My dad called out from his office. I mumbled what could have been considered an "okay" back but he couldn't hear me. It's not like it matters anyways, ever since mom left he's all about work. He's never home and I can't help but feel like I have lost both of my parents in a way. I mean, they get to run away all the time so why can't I?

I run up the stairs to my small bedroom and grab the first sweatshirt I can find and my mint green running sneakers. Running is the only thing that makes me feel better, all that matters is the music blasting through my headphones and my feet smacking against the pavement as I run my heart out. I ignore everything else except my thoughts while I run. I'm so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even think to look before crossing the street. I finally come to my senses just in time to see the huge red truck speeding towards me and for the first time in my life my feet don't move.

Before the truck can hit me, I'm grabbed and pushed to the other side of the road, very hard I might add. As soon as I realize I'm still on the ground I see a person hovering over me, a boy to be exact, a very attractive boy to be more specific.

"Shit, are you okay?!" He shouts directly in my face. "Oh my God, I just saved your life!"

"Get off me, I mean what do you weigh like 500 pounds," I groan from underneath him. He still doesn't move, "Seriously get off."

"Damn, and here I was that thinking you would be grateful to meet your prince charming," he jokes rolling off me and offering his hand to help me up too.

"Prince charming? I think you look more like a boy in basketball shorts," I smirk at him satisfied with my response.

"Ha ha, okay princess, what's your name?" Wow, I mean I could be mistaken but he actually looks interested in talking to me.

"I'm Ella, and what's your name my prince?" I joke, he laughs and let me tell you that this boy has the most perfect smile I have ever seen, and even I had braces for five years.

"You can call me Jay, Princess," He smirks. "But seriously are you okay? I really have to go and I just have to make sure," He says

"I'm fine, I was just being stupid and I should have looked," I say. He nods his head and starts to turn and walk in the other direction. I don't know what comes over me but I really don't want this to end so soon, there's just something about him that makes me feel like my old self. "Hey Jay!" I yell after him, "Thank you," I call out more softly once he turns to me.

"No problem El, I'll see ya around," He smiles.

I smile back and for the first time, I'm running back to my house with a smile on my face.