Chapter 13: Aggie

(Norman's P.O.V)

I could hear birds singing and the breeze blowing gently.
I opened my eyes to see we were in the forest, but it looked more calmer and leaves were all on the trees.
I looked to see I was holding Agatha's hand, which I dropped, but she stared at it, looking at both hands.
"Aggie. My name was Aggie." She said softly, looking up at me.

I smiled at her, which she returned, though she still looked sad, before looking around the place.
"I...I remember my mommy brought me here once. We sat under the tree and she told me stories. They all had happy endings." She said, slowly walking to the large tree that grew in the centre. "And then those horrible men came and took me away and I never saw her again!" She said angrily with a scowl, looking at me.
Her eyes glowed that yellow colour and a butterfly flying past instantly turned to ash.

"And..." She continued but stared at the ashes with multiple emotions, sadness, guilt and regret.
She quickly turned her head and ran a bit towards the tree, sniffing, turning her back on me.
"Sometimes when people get scared they say and do terrible things. I think you got so scared, that you forgot who you are. But I don't think you're a witch. Not really." I said slowly, walking up to her.
"You don't?" Aggie asked, turning her head a bit.
"I think you're just a little kid with a really special gift who only ever wanted people to understand her." I said, walking to her and looking at her. "So we're not all that different at all." I said with a soft smile.

"But what about the people who hurt you? Don't you ever want to make them suffer?" Aggie asked, confused.
I shrugged. "Well, yeah, but what good would that do? You think just because there's bad people out there that there's no good ones either? I thought the same thing for a while. But there's always someone out there for you. Somewhere." I explained.

Aggie looked lost and close to tears, looking at some grass nearby.
"I just want my mommy." She said sadly, looking away.
"I'm sorry, Aggie. She's gone." I said quietly.

"That story you were telling, how does it end?" She asked, looking back at me.
"I think, that's up to you."
She breathed in and walked closer to the trunk of the tree, looking up at the branches, touching the trunk.
"Is this where they buried me?" She asked softly.
"It's a pretty good place to sleep. Then you can be with your mum again." I suggested.
She sat down, leaning back against the tree, me sitting down next to her to give some company.
She gave a big sigh and looked up at me.

"Norman?" She asked.
"Yeah?"
"Can you tell Isabelle I'm sorry? Please?" She asked.
I smiled and nodded, which she returned the smile before getting comfortable and leaning her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes.
I sat there before gold light flashed in the corner, where I saw Aggie becoming light particles like how Mr Prenderghast did.
She disappeared, the particles blowing away in the wind.

I smiled, knowing she was in a better place, before the world around me disintegrated into light particles, causing me to close my eyes.