Chapter 16- Bee, Why Are You Here?

Back on the bus, as we drove off to the next location, I helped Kadie unpack her stuff. Alex had invited her along for the tour and she happily agreed, thank god, because there was definitely not enough estrogen on the bus. We were laughing and throwing around stuff, just having a good time while everyone else sat in the lounge area and watched random movies. We had been back there for a good hour and half when Bianca came plowing into the room.

“Guess who is playing tonight?” She had a big silly grin on her face and her eyes were dancing with excitement. I took a second to wonder why she was wearing one of Zack’s Glamour Kills tee shirts and then I looked at her like she had actually gone off the deep end.

“Bumblebee, you know that All Time Low plays every night right? Are you feeling ok?” I put my hand to her forehead and she swatted it away looking annoyed while Kadie laughed behind me.

“OBVIOUSLY I know that. Hello, who has the higher IQ here? NO. The Academy Is is playing tonight!” She danced around like an ADD child who forgot to take their ridilin. Of course, The Academy Is was her favourite band and she did know the guys personally so I smiled and gave her a hug.

“Have fun at the show hun.” She stopped dancing and looked up at me and Kadie.

“Oh, you guys are coming with me. I already have it set up and Mike Carden got our names on the list. Just the 3 of us are going.” She smiled and looked at Kadie who looked excited too, I guess I was the only one worried at all.

“Who is going to do merch?”

“I have it covered, just when the bus stops you guys better be ready to leave.” She then turned around and bounded back into the other room. I turned around and looked at Kadie who just smiled and laughed.

“I don’t know her as well as you. But I wouldn’t mess with her. It seems to me she loves The Academy is very much.” I just laughed and smiled at her.

“Maybe a little too much.”

“Bianca why are we here?” I said as I held hands with her and Kadie, trying not to get lost as she weaved us in and out through the crowd. It’s a good thing The Academy Is fans are not insane or we would have a problem. She was pulling us to the side of the stage to find Tony, their tour manager, so we could get side stage to see the show.

“Because you need a break from Mr. Barakat and I miss my boys!” I rolled my eyes as she pulled us the final stretch of the way. She referred to the Academy is boys as her boys because she was desperately in love with their music and has seen then 17 times. She eventually became really good friends with them and now she gets free tickets, side stage and gets to hang out back stage. But she was right. I need a break from Jack. Everything was tense between us right now. We didn’t kiss, we didn’t touch, and we hardly talked. It had only been one day but, it was already killing me. A night without him and having to think about it seemed like a god sent.

“TONY!” I screamed as Bianca pulled us closer. He smiled and helped the 3 of us on stage. We laughed as hundreds of girls behind us groaned as we walked behind the curtains. My face must have lit up when I saw We The Kings and The Academy Is hanging out in their dressing room. I saw Travis from We The Kings and ran and jumped on him. “TRAVIS!”

“ALYCAT!” He laughed and wrapped his arms around me. I loved these reunions, I had met him for the first time through Alex and we hit it off instantly. I looked around and Kadie was already chatting away with Sisky and the Butcher from TAI and Bianca was on William’s back… literally. We hung out back stage and until it was time for their sets. We watched from the stage and I was mesmerized. I started to realize why people fell in love with the lead singers. Alex has it, John has it, Travis has it and William has most definitely it. They all had the power to take you to a different world. For me it was different though. I found myself watch Michael Guy Chislett and being sucked in. Maybe it was the guitar that did it for me. I found myself only paying attention to him though.

“Wow guys you were absolutely amazing” I said hugging Chislett as he came off stage, sweaty and disgusting.

“Why thank you” he laughed as he wiped sweat from his face. I poked him and he gave me a strange look, so I stuck my tongue out at him which caused him to smile and then start a full blown poking war.

“Children, children break it up!” Bee jumped in between us laughing. She gave Michael a hug and then took my hand “I’m sorry but we must go, it’s getting late and if we don’t get on our bus in time we’ll be grounded from coming to see you guys again! Love you guys!”

We gave a round of hugs to the boys and skipped out of the venue, laughing and dancing around. We hoped in a cab and, as always, Bianca fell asleep, her head resting on my shoulder. Kadie rested her head on the window and stared out the window and I did the same and started to think. Was I truly in love with Jack? No, I couldn’t be. But I did have that achy feeling all night being away from him. Maybe I did love him. No, it’s not a maybe anymore, I had to admit it to myself, and I love Jack Barakat, no matter how much it hurts.

We stumbled into the bus, drowsy from the cab ride home and I did the first thing that came to mind. I walked to the bunks, got changed into the silk Spiderman boxers and someone’s random t-shirt and then climbed into the bunk. I ran my hand over the face beside me and smiled at the sleeping beauty. I leaned over and kissed his cheek and then whispered in his ear.

“I love you Jack.” As I settled in, next to his warm body I felt one arm creep around me as I dozed off. The last thing I remember before falling asleep was a murmur in my ear.

“I love you too Aly.”